3rd party batteries.

you are welcome.

you can get third party batteries, but how much can you save, if you only just get ONE extra battery? compare to all the money you have already spend on camera and lenses?

using the original batteries will let you have some peace of mind, which something that only cost a little extra.

so you decide whatever it works for you.

hope this help.

you are welcome.

you can get third party batteries, but how much can you save, if you only just get ONE extra battery? compare to all the money you have already spend on camera and lenses?

using the original batteries will let you have some peace of mind, which something that only cost a little extra.

so you decide whatever it works for you.

hope this help.

Fully agreed.

The original doesn't cost THAT much when we look at the total investment in your DSLR system you have placed. Now, the LAST thing you want after all your investment, is a failed battery at the most important moment.

wow how come so many negative comments?

i used the phottix batt on my 450D and it is excellent. never give any problem for 3 years.

based on personal experience mah..

maybe you are one of the "lucky" ones that didn't have a problem. or maybe, it's just that all of us are that unlucky ;p:bsmilie:

unless you're buying 100 batteries to achieve economies of scale.... which you aren't... just buy at the best price you see. why worry about saving that $5 or $10?

i used the phottix batt on my 450D and it is excellent. never give any problem for 3 years.

the main stars haven't arrived for the lesson yet.

wait for it....

it's gonna be legend........*drumroll*....dary

My Hercules battery for 50D haven't died on me YET. So far so good :thumbsup: Guess it really depends on every individual's luck? :think:

that true - once bought a chromage 3rd party battery , it was 100 percentage at first , less than 10 mins or so , it went flat also .

I haven't had any problems with my chromage battery so far, in fact none of my 3rd party batteries have given me any problems. Even those that cost less than S$10 from China.

A little out of topic, but I just got a new 600d. So I can't use my 450D batteries, have 4 of those.

will be heading to india on sunday but i would have the time every night to charge since i live in a hostel.

In an urgent budget buy, is it better to get a battery grip and 2 3rd party batts OR
just get two extra batteries and charge them full, hence using them one after another?

I don't know which one is more effective.

Same here $10 spare battery works if original is bad for the day.
It usually last for the day until i recharge again which is what spare battery is for.

I would have preferred original batteries.........

However, I could not find it anymore (400D), so I have no choice but to buy third party, and it sucks.......... BIG BIG time..........

A little out of topic, but I just got a new 600d. So I can't use my 450D batteries, have 4 of those.

will be heading to india on sunday but i would have the time every night to charge since i live in a hostel.

In an urgent budget buy, is it better to get a battery grip and 2 3rd party batts OR
just get two extra batteries and charge them full, hence using them one after another?

Actually, there's alot of options. For battery grip, you are considering to buy just for this trip, or you are buying with the intention that you are also buying it to use it on a frequent basis?

If you are buying a battery grip just for this trip, it doesn't sound too economical. If you are buying because you wanted it, then you can just buy a block of AA batteries.

That's what I did when I travelled for a week to Tokyo earlier this year. I bought my battery grip, with the battries that I already had, together with a block of AA battries to use on the battery tray that comes with the grip.

That's based on the assumption that I/you had the grip. Cos I find it more reasonable to buy a block of AA batteries than buying the camera batteries. If not, bring along your charger + socket adapter if it's possible/if you want to.

If you don't have future/consistent use for the grip, then just get a spare battery and do a nightly charge :)

For travel and street shooting, i will not use a battery grip. You always have time to switch a battery out. But with a battery grip, the setup becomes much heavier, and the camera becomes more bulky and more conspicuous. The smaller, the better.

velasco said:

The phottix battery I bought is terrible. It could only hold about half the charge of the original. Also, it loses it's charge very quickly even when you are not using it. Imagine charging it full 3 days ago and you have to charge it again before you use it today.

HAHNEL lithium ion cost more but well worth it. (Jessops)