3rd Mar : JB Day Trip - Jalan/Makan/Shot Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelLee

May 19, 2003
JB, SG
Objective
i) to meet new friends
ii) to introduce SG based member to come over to JB to explore street shooting opportunities, and to eat
iii)to cultivate the “sharing” among CS community

What the outing would expect from you
i) To share your ideas/experience
- Oldbird could guide newbird, I believe everyone could also learn from each other whether old or newbird

ii) To attend the photo sharing session in SG
- To share the pictures, workflow, way of composition, shooting style. Review / suggestions / opinions should be welcomed

iii) To share with CS
- You learn about this outing from here, and you should also share some pictures with others on the forum

iv) To give back to locals
- To print out a few pictures of the people that you shot. I would personally distribute these pictures to them as possible.
- As a small token of appreciation to the locals that we came across, it also opens the door for the similar outing in future. Those who attend the next outing would find it truly helpful

When:
Actual Outing : 3rd March, 2012 (Saturday), Johor Bahru.
Photo sharing session : TBA , Singapore

Meet up point :
3rd March : 8am, City Square at Johor Bharu. MacDonald Restaurant, Ground Floor.

Here are previous outings to give you some idea what to expect ;
Sep ; Oct ; Nov, Dec

Itinerary :
- Half day walk around JB Heritage Trail to explore the old street, makan stall. Refer to Nov outing on JB Heritage Trail.
- Could further customise-made if the group like to visit wet market and/or glass temple provided we have transport/group size
- The trip is 33.33% walk around and explore JB, 33.33% makan, 33.33% photography

Together we learning Street Photography :
- If you are old bird, please come and rest of us would be glad if you could guide us and provide few tips on street shooting. Sharing is the ultimate objective I want to bring out from this outing.

- If you are newbie, no worries. We learn from old bird. If there is no old bird, let’s blur blur shoot together. LOL !

- If you like my approach/style, sure I can guide/lead you. You must be patient with me on that day, because I would be doing lots of PR and giving out the photo prints from the previous outing.

Disclaimer :

- I am doing this as voluntary basis and show you some insight of JB town. Dun expect me a Superman to protect you from all danger.
- Though I must say I personally feel comfortable walking around to shot on the street, and we had a good outing previously, that does not guarantee this outing is risk/hazards free.
- Each of you willingly to assume all risk/hazards on your own during the outing and I shall take no responsibility of your property damage &/ or injuries if accident happens.
- Common sense, street awareness , personal safety always come first, ie dun run to the track when the train comes, dun leave the group and go on your own to alley etc.

Please sign up here, and PM your contact, name, email.

Though this is merely a walk around trip, if you are driving on that day and are kind enough to give us a lift , please sign up here and state no. of the passenger you could take ;

1. wong_se / 4 passenger
2. ???

1. Naomi7115

Though this is merely a walk around trip, if you are driving on that day and are kind enough to give us a lift , please sign up here and state no. of the passenger you could take ;

1. wong_se / 4 passenger
2. ???

1. Naomi7115
2. KamalKantsingh10

1. wong_se / 4 passenger
2. ??

i'm helping my 2 friendss to register :)
===================================

1. Naomi7115
2. KamalKantsingh10
3. Suat Har
4. Jess

1. wong_se / 4 passenger
2. ??

i'm helping my 2 friendss to register :)

1. Naomi7115
2. KamalKantsingh10
3. Suat Har
4. Jess

Are your friends CS member ? if yes, why could not they register themselves ? My objective is to benefit CS community/members only. If your friends like to visit JB, I am sure the town will welcome and I could give you some guidance to walk around.

Hope you understand, thanks.

i'm helping my 2 friendss to register

1. Naomi7115
2. KamalKantsingh10
3. Suat Har
4. Jess
5.Vee

1. wong_se / 4 passenger
2. ??

i'm helping my 2 friendss to register

1. Naomi7115
2. KamalKantsingh10
3. Suat Har
4. Jess
5. Vee
6. Fireemblem

1. wong_se / 4 passenger
2. ??

Oh well..my two friends are new to photography..

I thought it would be a good opportunity to introduce them to CS..encourage them to join CS outing and get to know more friends with the same interest.

Didn't expect it to be an issue to sign up on behalf of them. :)

Is okay then..we can always arrange our own photo outing :)

------------------------------------------------

Please sign up here, and PM your contact, name, email

1. KamalKantsingh10
2. Vee
3. Fireemblem

Though this is merely a walk around trip, if you are driving on that day and are kind enough to give us a lift , please sign up here and state no. of the passenger you could take :

1. wong_se / 4 passenger
2. ??

I thought it would be a good opportunity to introduce them to CS..encourage them to join CS outing and get to know more friends with the same interest.

yes, time for them to join CS :)
get them sign up and be part of Photography community.

1. Naomi7115
2. KamalKantsingh10
3. Suat Har
4. Jess
5. Vee
6. Fireemblem
7. wonglp (bro, i try ok ;)) got transport to JB but need leave early like 11am, can?

1. wong_se / 4 passenger
2. ??

wonglp, you are always welcome.
Early to go will have to buy everyone a round of kop :)

wong_se said:
wonglp, you are always welcome.
Early to go will have to buy everyone a round of kop :)

I can afford kopi but not kop lah, dun think any Liverpool fan can also;)

Update 1/30. Please sign up here to register only yourself, and PM your contact, name, email.

1. Naomi7115
2. KamalKantsingh10
3. Fireemblem
4. Wonglp
5. ??

1. wong_se / 4 passenger
2. ??[

1. Naomi7115
2. KamalKantsingh10
3. Fireemblem
4. Wonglp
5. poppy124

1. wong_se / 4 passenger
2. ??[

Bro, can I join? I got transport as well. But I'm a noob in photography.

Bro, can I join? I got transport as well. But I'm a noob in photography.

Sure why not. You may go ahead and register yourself and PM your contact.

wong_se said:

1. wong_se / 4 passenger
2. Istar (real name: Jason) / prefer 3 passenger (max cap at 4 passenger)

Still can join or not ? o_O Cause i see previously the slot is 8.. but ended up now only got 5. =/
I am interested as I have not shot overseas before yet >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.