3Days Short trip to Bangkok 2011 April

jjhong

Jul 23, 2005
Woodlands
jsquare.tk
Hi all,

I will be bringing down my nikon D90 to this trip, wondering if it advisable to bring tripod? My tripod is a Sirui. Will be taking some road side pictures perhaps like wet market, food, grand palace.

It a short trip. Would like to know what are some of the places worth stopping by to take some scenery / pictures. Any idea where I can buy any reliable & authentic lens or flash with warranty that can be use in sg, as some of the nikon lens are made in thailand. Maybe I can compare the prices and decide whether I would buy over there.

Thanks all for reading and sharing your opinion. :)

i most probably will be going during april too!

this time round i went for the songkran activity which is held in mid april.

and i missed the sunset over Wat Arun the other time so this time i am going for it.

tripod wise it is good to have and bring, you never know when u need it. i am bringing mine as well.

lens wise in BKK is not cheap, u can google for foto file and see the prices on their website as a guage.

Last edited:
These are just some of the places I wish(plan) to go (dunno if you might find them interesting, just sharing here)
- Fishing Village Mahachai
- Pak Klong Market (Wholesale Flower Market - opens from nite till dawn)
- Mae Klong Market (the unique railway)
- Kanchanaburi Railway

However do have to find a reliable driver to bring to these places at the good timing (so that chances of luck to get bonus of good lighting)
Can be risky for single lady to travel around (just my thought, dun flame me)

p.s. Tripod would be very recommended to bring along since you have already commit to buy one.

These are just some of the places I wish(plan) to go (dunno if you might find them interesting, just sharing here)
- Fishing Village Mahachai
- Pak Klong Market (Wholesale Flower Market - opens from nite till dawn)
- Mae Klong Market (the unique railway)
- Kanchanaburi Railway

Steadymanz,

Not flaming, but I hope you are not doing all this in 3 days...... except for Pak Klong Talaat, all the other need a bit of traveling time.

Pak Klong Talat will be nice. And you can do it any time of the day it is almost a 24 hours market but the best time is around 3 am to around 10 am then it cools off a bit.....

jjhong,

if you want to do wet market, try Klong Toei Market. Take the Chao Phraya express, I always find something there. Walk the Chinatown in the afternoon and early evening......

this time round i went for the songkran activity which is held in mid april.

do take care of your camera stuffs against water attacks, it can get pretty wild especially around khao san area

Steadymanz,

Not flaming, but I hope you are not doing all this in 3 days...... except for Pak Klong Talaat, all the other need a bit of traveling time.

Aiyo.. I am just suggesting places for threadstarter to consider. Not a must to cover all in 3 days.:sweat:

That itinerary only for superman :bsmilie: