3D photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 20, 2009
Zion
I found 3D photos are very interesting. Let's try shooting photos in 3D. If you are interested, please join me.

4258756377_74b5308da8.jpg

Please refer to this website for how to view it. Do note the warning message!!!
http://www.neilcreek.com/blog/2008/02/28/how-to-see-3d-photos/

"WARNING:
It’s important to state right up front, that there is a small potential risk to your health with this 3D viewing technique. The risk is very small, but I must cover myself. If you have any known problems with your eye muscles, I recommend that you do not attempt this technique. If you experience any light-headedness, headaches or other symptoms, STOP IMMEDIATELY and rest your eyes. Everyone will likely experience some slight eye fatigue when learning this technique, so it is very important to rest your eyes regularly, and only look at 3D images for short periods of time. Even once you have perfected the technique, do not over-exert your eyes. You have been warned. If you attempt to learn this technique, you agree not to hold me responsible for any ill fortune that befalls you as a result.
"

Last edited:
the stone stairs to the white tower at Chinese Guarden.

4259512008_f7a27381f6.jpg

cool! my eyes nearly cramp though

?????:think:

3D??

i cannot find any dif.. beside the colour... am i missing anything

May I know how to take 3D images? Looks fun

?????:think:

3D??

i cannot find any dif.. beside the colour... am i missing anything

Just like a camera, try use your eyes to focus nearer then farther. Sometimes stare at the screen and try to move back and forward, sometimes stare at the screen then turn your head to left then to right.

All of sudden, a deeper field will appear i.e. the 3D effect. :)

ionicbeam is correct, the first two are easier to see, the 3rd one need some adjustment so that don't need to cramp the eyes too much. But I like it personally, as after a long day of work, the 3D images will greatly help me to exercise my eyeballs.:bigeyes:

May I know how to take 3D images? Looks fun

Hi Ben,

there a few ways of making 3D images, here they are:

1. use the same camera, take one photo then shift the camera horizontally about 5cm to 10cm and take the 2nd photo. then use a software like photoshop to combine them into one image.

2. use two cameras, use both hands to hold them about 5cm to 10cm away but at the same level, shoot at the same time. then combine the images.

3. use a 3D camera like Fujifilm's Finepix Real 3D camera.

4. use photoshop, one image can also become 3D. I heard of that but never try before. It is something I also want to know the details.

Rgds,

hi ionicbeam,

I agree with you that the image is too bigger for normal eyes.

Hope this one is better:

3d6b.jpg

oo... izzint it just ghosting effect?

Not really. These are photos taken from two cameras.

White flower.

flower%203d3b.jpg

I must say, ahem, yes. Where is this place? Maybe I should try to take two photos then combine them...:think:

Ermmm, I think i am dumb. I can't figure out the 3D. :(

hi ionicbeam,

I agree with you that the image is too bigger for normal eyes.

Hope this one is better:

3d6b.jpg

Bro you've got flexible eyeballs man, I still can't do it :confused:. I made a stereoscope-periscope hybrid some time ago to view pics with high separation + eye relief for my balls in the head.

interesting but I am getting a headache

for those who have problem, if you had tried a stereogram before, the principle in viewing is the same

thanks for sharing. Maybe I will try 3d photography one of these days....

It was taken in the afternoon on one Sunday. I bumped into another photographer who was taking photo in front of the Thian Hock Keng temple, Telok Ayer Street.

pengs8b.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.