35mm SLR Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necroist

Jan 27, 2002
www.ragingbox.com
What would you guys recommend that's of the same class as Minolta's Dynax 5? I used to have my eyes set on the Dynax 5, but I kinda find it rather limited in terms of future upgrades (lens features).

So I was thinking of a Canon system so that in the future when I do upgrade to a DSLR, at least the lenses can be used at that level.

I was reading up on EOS 300 and EOS 30, EOS 300 seems to appeal to me because of the LCD, but it has a min of 1/2000s shutter whereas the EOS 30 doesn't have LCD but can go up to 1/4000.

I would like to ask you guy's opinion on the above 2 cameras, or even on new recommendations that I should check out.

iceman

Jan 28, 2003
near e4
Visit site
what do you mean - because minolta does not have a DSLR at the moment?

Originally posted by Necroist

Iused to have my eyes set on the Dynax 5, but I kinda find it rather limited in terms of future upgrades (lens features).

So I was thinking of a Canon system so that in the future when I do upgrade to a DSLR, at least the lenses can be used at that level.

mervlam

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Necroist
I was reading up on EOS 300 and EOS 30, EOS 300 seems to appeal to me because of the LCD, but it has a min of 1/2000s shutter whereas the EOS 30 doesn't have LCD but can go up to 1/4000.
what you mean by the EOS 30 doesn't have LCD? u r comparing with the new EOS 300V right?

Necroist

Jan 27, 2002
www.ragingbox.com
sorry! morning cockup by me.

I meant to say, that the EOS 30 doesn't have backlight?

My three choices ATM are Minolta's Dynax 5, Canon EOS 30 and 300.

I would like to have an upgrade path open if I were to change over to DSLR in a few years time and canon lenses can be used on DSLRs.

So I don't know if I should go for Canon (for upgradiblity) or Minolta (for price vs. performance).

Any news on Minolta doing DSLRs in the future?

ivor

Jan 26, 2002
SINGAPOUR
Visit site
Why don't you hit the DSLR road now, instead of going to film SLR...??

Anyway, backlight is not a big deal, in my opinion... one should equip with a penlight in the camera... in case of... =)

jasonpgc

Jan 20, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Buy the EOS 33, it has Mirror lock and Flash Exposure Compensation. You don't need a backlight for LCD. You can see all the info in the viewfinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom