35mm Slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcct

Aug 13, 2004
I've never actually shot slide films before, but consider doing that now for (hopefully) easier organization.

Need some advice on the following
1/ I want a not too expensive way to start seeing slides ... how? Must I have a projector? Or is a good quality table top slide viewer good enough? What would you recommend?
2/ Which consumer-grade slide film would you recommend?

Just want to start and see how it goes ... so the key is that I don't really intend to invest too much $ into it right now.

Thanks in advance!

CT

jus get a lightbox first, even lightboxes have cheap-expensive brands & models.

personally i like fuji astia for its natural rendition of colours. others like fuji provia. fuji velvia is for landscapes. kodak e100 series is ok for general use. these are professional tranny.

consumer grade - fuji sensia 100/400. good enough kick the first few times till u try the professional trannys.

slide can only be processed on some labs? not all the labs will do the job?

I read the kodakchrome can only be processed in US?

Any problem to develop slide in singapore?

Thanks for the advice.

Got a quote of S$136.00 for Gepe G-2003 (8"x6") lightbox, and $180+ for a Rodenstock loupe. TThe price really vary a lot ... with some lightboxes going for $400+

Do you have any experience with either of these?

CT

tcct said:
Thanks for the advice.

Got a quote of S$136.00 for Gepe G-2003 (8"x6") lightbox, and $180+ for a Rodenstock loupe. TThe price really vary a lot ... with some lightboxes going for $400+

CT

erm... since u are beginning to play ard with slides (i presume?), u can get one of those $10+ hand-held batt-operated slide/neg viewer over at ruby (at peninsula hotel). of course its not as fancy nor 'accurate' like the $100+ lightboxes. but, for beginners (and easy storage), its actually quite useful. i'm using one now for viewing slides.

AFAIK, the major shops (ie fotohub, color lab @ adelphi, konota and CP over at peninsular shopping centre and ruby @ peninsular hotel) carry only slides by kodak and fuji. for slide processing, konota, fotohub at beach road (dats their main branch where they process slides) and colour lab do their own. ruby will sub-con it out to others. another place where they sell and process slides is KT over at chinatown. a little bit more out of the way, but many CSers swear by their service.

tcct said:
Thanks for the advice.

CT

if u dont want to fork out for a loupe, u can use a 50mm prime in reverse.

i'm using a peak loupe 8x bought from ruby at $71.00. and a matin lightbox, about the size of an a4 sheet. cant remember the price, anyway it was bought in australia and prices are bloddy ex there.

Status
Not open for further replies.