35mm macro is available now

Status
Not open for further replies.
really?
that's good news. ;)

So affordable... why wait? Get it. ...

For those who used the 50mm macro already, i am wondering, what are you gonna use the 35mm macro for?

Raptor1 said:
For those who used the 50mm macro already, i am wondering, what are you gonna use the 35mm macro for?
Portraits and macros of larger subjects for me. I regularly take macros of fishes in their tanks for my friend. There were times when some of the fishes were too large and I could not move back far enough due to space constraints in the shop. The 35mm would sure come in handy in such situations.

Oic, ya.. i reconised the use for portraits.. ^_^ would be nice to have it.. haha
If thats the case.. i dun think i need this for now..^_^ still enjoying my 50mm .
Getting a flash next though. having problem without the ability to bouce the flash for macro shots.. in the end all soo harsh!

tomcat said:

I was at CP to get my tripod today to find out about the news. 35-100 not in yet. They only have ONE 90-250 at about S$9000.

selamatlzh said:
I was at CP to get my tripod today to find out about the news. 35-100 not in yet. They only have ONE 90-250 at about S$9000.

steady! going down to check it out this afternoon

uginz said:
steady! going down to check it out this afternoon

it = 90-250mm? :think:

noelleong said:
So how much really and where to buy one? :dunno:

yo! just got the 35mm today @ $367 with gst cash payment CP.

verdict: ok only not fantastic. slow auto focus in low light. 1:1 macro is only at 3 or 4 cm. most practical working distance is at magification 1:2 or 1:3. can use for street shoot at 1:4

as for teh 18-180mm, guy at CP say not out yet and have no idea when it's coming.

maybe you will like to try abstract shots. something like focusing at a corner object while blurring the background. the wider angle than 50mm should be good in this area. the lens quality should be almost as good as 50mm.

35mm_f3_drawing2.jpg

the hunting problem should be more or less prevalent in zuiko macro lens due to the wider range involved.

uginz said:
verdict: ok only not fantastic. slow auto focus in low light. 1:1 macro is only at 3 or 4 cm. most practical working distance is at magification 1:2 or 1:3. can use for street shoot at 1:4

Interested to get this lens. When you mentioned "ok only", were you refering to the quality of the images produced or just wrt the AF and macro working distance?

It would be great if you can share more of your experience with this lens.

Thanx! :)

Gerlim said:
Interested to get this lens. When you mentioned "ok only", were you refering to the quality of the images produced or just wrt the AF and macro working distance?

It would be great if you can share more of your experience with this lens.

Thanx! :)

image quality is very good. typical of ZD lenses.
the "ok only" comment is referring to the AF and working distance.

can someone explain to me why the lens specs say closest focusing distance is 14cm
but i can still focus at 2 cm?

Status
Not open for further replies.