35mm lens dilemma for X-E3

tabako

Nov 25, 2005
With the focus peak highlight assist, its so easy to use manua focus lens now. Thus my dilemma. Should I get the XF 35mm f1.4 but at the same time I also want to try some manual focus lens, like the voigtlander 35mm f1.4 Norkton classic MC or even the f1.2.

Focus speed is not such a big concern of mine, can I get some views?

or can try the 35mm/f2. faster AF than the original f1.4.

actually for manual focus lenses, you are spoilt for choices... apart from what you listed, you can also look at cheaper options like the 7artisans 25mm/f1.8 which comes in native FX mount so that you can avoid buying adapters.

Yea I have the 23mm f2 as a kit, the AF is good. I was looking at 1.4 or 1.2 fast lens cos I wanted more bokeh and shallower DOF.

I already placed some adapters on orders from K&F concept le. I bought M mount, M42 mount, and CY mount adapters.

oic... well... again, u are spolit for choices.. personally, i have a konica AR 57mm/f1.4 with the AR-FX adapter. scout around carousell or here. a lot of people are throwing out old film lenses. but be warned... prices are slowly creeping up to rather ridiculous levels. in some cases, it is better to buy new manual lenses from mitakon/7artisans etc that comes with native FX mounts.

if focus speed is not an issue, you are really open to too many choices :) Even the Mitakons are pretty interesting and go up to F0.95 and are made for native Fuji X-mount.

Reactions: erutan
hmm yea 35mm I think for manual lenses are quite expensive, much more than 50mm lenses. Think I'll go for Fujinon XF 35mm f1.4 for 35mm range.

I placed an order for Tomioka made 55mm f1.4 Porst Color reflex MC on ebay. It's on the way.

Nice to hear that, hope to see some samples soon ;)

ha ha sure. Hope I get it soon and got time to go shoot. Else I just shoot some samples around the house.

Reactions: keithwee
Sigh, just an update, I received my 55mm f1.4 but the aperture blades is stuck at f1.8, seems out of alignment. Then ebay seller ask me ship back and he pay for return mail and refund me.

Now have to source another one again.

The mitakon 35mm is my fav over my 35mm 1.4

sorry to hear that tabako, have u considered the 7Artisans lenses? They do direct X-mount too and from the samples I've seen (especially in the Taiwan Fuji grp), pretty good and not a strain on the budger.

I do remember they have a 35 F1.2. (yes, its full manual focus) and maybe you can start with reading up on it.

Mm, I prefer playing with vintage lens actually. The size and feel reminds me of when I was a student using a Nikon FM10 for my photography minor in university.

I bought another vintage lens off ebay. Ha ha, the Super Multi Takumar 50mm f1.4 radioactive lens in mint condition. Now wating for it from Japan. Just shipped out of Osaka.

Just a note, for manual focus options you are really spoilt for choice now, especially in native Fuji mount... you can even get a 35mm F0.95 from Zhong Yi Optics. Or the 35mm F1.2 from 7artisans for cheap. same for 50mm focal lengths.