35mm 1.4

kennyleow

Nov 8, 2009
www.kennyleow.com
just bought this lens from Lord yesterday. Anyone has this lens as well in this forum? Let's share some tips over this lens.

just bought this lens from Lord yesterday. Anyone has this lens as well in this forum? Let's share some tips over this lens.

you mind sharing what is the price you pay?

SNA_3300%252520copy.jpg

here is a test drive photo. taken at 35 f1.4.

SNA_3304%252520copy.jpg

I think this is a great lens. Photos were taken in my kitchen with no flash. At 1.4, this lens fulfill the task. :thumbsup:

Bro, take out your son's lego and take a picture of a brick from the top and you will see the "pop" out effect....

To be frank. I don't know how to get the "pop' effect. So as per request, this is the best I can do. keke...

SNA_3308.jpg

SNA_3309.jpg

SNA_3311.jpg

SNA_3312.jpg

SNA_3403wtmkpix.jpg

One of the exhibits at SAM. Taken with my 35 1.4 @ 1.4. Photo has been post processed to get this effect.

Second last of the lego shots is the best example of "pop out" effect.... nice!!!

ZerocoolAstra said:
can't say that I like the bokeh... :think:

Hmmm. I agree as well. In certain high color contrast areas, the bokeh is quite harsh.

A totally different result from the last time I tried it. I wonder why.

Thanks for sharing TS.

Last edited:
To be frank. I don't know how to get the "pop' effect. So as per request, this is the best I can do. keke...
SNA_3308.jpg

SNA_3312.jpg

Hmmm agree, the outlining of "Maisy's" tail on the blue book (and its left edge) and as well as the outlining of the "helix" wired toy is kinda harsh... The green table leg edge on the last image also quite sharp... By right, buttery bokeh means all these should have been all blurred out nicely without the hard edges... Otherwise, it is distracting viewers from the main subject (the focused bit) - first thing I noticed on the first image is "Maisy's" tail... not the top of the blocks...

Thanks for sharing nevertheless... Just gotta watch out for these when you shoot, still a nice lens.

Last edited:
This lens let you u shoot at 35mm focal length sharply wide open in dim light. That is all. There are other ways to get nicer pop up effect for less money. It is a 35mm afterall. Period.

Last edited: