350D: Protections for the LCD screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaver21

Dec 17, 2005
For 350D users: What are the 'protections' for the LCD screen currently available in the market??

I noticed some Nikon cameras have this plastic protective screen over the LCD screen. Is that available for the 350D??

Beaver21 said:
For 350D users: What are the 'protections' for the LCD screen currently available in the market??

I noticed some Nikon cameras have this plastic protective screen over the LCD screen. Is that available for the 350D??

i bought this one.. let me find the box
yeah its called

"Da XT protector"

pretty cheap
www.daproducts.com/rebel

umayr said:
i bought this one.. let me find the box
yeah its called

"Da XT protector"

pretty cheap
www.daproducts.com/rebel
Thanks for the info but where did you buy this from? Is it available at shops in SLS?

Hey Beaver, I am keen to buy one also. Please let me know where you get them.
THanks you

I'm interested in getting also, where to buy?

The screen is pretty much solid, won't get scratches unless you knock it hard or purposely scratch it, but go ahead and buy a protector if you feel safe that way.

cameracamera said:
Hey Beaver, I am keen to buy one also. Please let me know where you get them.
THanks you
I'm also searching for it myself. :lol:

Checked out CP at Peninsula Plaza. They have some protection shield similar to the da products.... but unfortunately they ran out of stock! So gotta wait till the next shipment - in Jan/Feb 2006.

+evenstar said:
The screen is pretty much solid, won't get scratches unless you knock it hard or purposely scratch it, but go ahead and buy a protector if you feel safe that way.

I believe the 'glass'/screen is maked of very solid material too.. something like those glass for watches where it won't be scratched that easily.
:think:
Well, no harm protecting it also..
For me I would just leave it as it is for now.

look for donchua he did a MO recently or u can ask around a do one
i got mine from donchua

what2do said:
I'm interested in getting also, where to buy?

I saw some at TCW. It mount on the eyepiece and comes with a hood that improve visibility in outdoors. You have to call to check price.

I just use a PDA screen protector, cut to size and paste over. cheap and easy.

powergoo said:
I saw some at TCW. It mount on the eyepiece and comes with a hood that improve visibility in outdoors. You have to call to check price.

I just use a PDA screen protector, cut to size and paste over. cheap and easy.
Hey, TCW seems to have moved? What is their address and contact no??

Beaver21 said:
Hey, TCW seems to have moved? What is their address and contact no??

Still same mah,
3 Coleman St
#01-31 Peninsula Shopping Ctr.
6336-1956

can look for Daniel.

+evenstar said:

Yah I agree. I feel an LCD protector is unnecessary in the case of the 350D unless you trash the cam. Otherwise you can wipe away fingerprints/smudges with a microfibre cloth.

Even if the plastic does get scratched you can get a replacement from Canon at around $20 odd.

powergoo said:
Still same mah,
3 Coleman St
#01-31 Peninsula Shopping Ctr.
6336-1956

can look for Daniel.
Thanks brudder. Now I know why I couldn't find it.

I was actually looking for it at 01-31 at Peninsula PLAZA !!!

My bad! *pai seh*...

Just go to IMM. Go to Daiso. You can buy LCD protector. Buy bigger one, cut it and then put it.

It is only S$ 2.

Oh... get the DA protector products. definately worth it cos it's a scratch proof piece of plastic attached on ur LCD.

Keep an eye out on the consumer corner where ESPN or others might be doing MO... got mine from him.;)

donchua is now doing MO for da protectors in the consumer corner, those interested can go in to place your orders.

acin_lim said:
Just go to IMM. Go to Daiso. You can buy LCD protector. Buy bigger one, cut it and then put it.

It is only S$ 2.

Where is IMM? I plan to get PDA screen protector to cut it to the size of 350D LCD screen. The only thing I worried is after certain time of usage, the protector will eventually peeled off and leave a sticky mark on the screen... Any quality PDA screen protector to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.