350D or D50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vii_haven

Dec 12, 2004
if you had a choice of the two which would be the one to buy in terms of value and features and most importantly picture quality?

of course 350D......this is the Canon forum.....
But 350D is definitely better....why not post this in the nikon forum and see the response?
Plus...you get to use the L-lenses if you choose Cnon.....

if you had a choice of the two which would be the one to buy in terms of value and features and most importantly picture quality?

The Nikon D50. cuz it's in the same price range as the 350D

Both are able to deliver splendid picures of comparable quality. But they're quite differently sized and shaped. Try handling both and see which ones more comfortable. It is best to choose a system instead of a single camera body, check out the lens offerings from each system and see what you like and can afford. Camera bodies come and go but good lenses will stay with you for quite some time.

First of all, do you have any existing equipment (like lenses) of Canon or Nikon? If you have Canon equipment, then buy 350d. If you have Nikon stuff, then buy D50. You will save a lot by sticking to your current set up.

Technically speaking, there is not much of a difference between the 2 models. Either one will deliever. If you are looking for something extra, then you have to examine each of them carefully in order to see which model suits your needs, etc.

Happy Buying. :lovegrin:

Depends on whether you want to join Canon or Nikon. :think:

Don't you have the exact same thread over at the Canon forum?

Thread merged. Please do not post multiple threads of the same topic in different forums.

Thanks!

i don't have current lenses. the 350D would be my first DSLR. i'm keen on getting canon but friends have been telling me that for the price a nikon would be better. so i'm kinda stuck. i've been reading but i stilll can't decide. what are the main differences?

350D should be in the league of D70s:think:

Since it's not equal in Specs...I will choose 350D if given the two :thumbsup:

hmm..how about the 350D compared to the D70s? which is better? are they in the same price range as well?

vii_haven said:
i don't have current lenses. the 350D would be my first DSLR. i'm keen on getting canon but friends have been telling me that for the price a nikon would be better. so i'm kinda stuck. i've been reading but i stilll can't decide. what are the main differences?

For the price a Minolta 5D will be better :).. its about $1300.

Ok you gonna get a DSLR.

You bound to shoot RAW one of these days. IIRC, you have to buy extra software to process the RAW if you buy the D50.

Whereas for 350D, pay once and for all. RAW software etc all included.

Furthermore 350D has 8MP, something which is necessary to print large photos

vii_haven said:

You may want to consider Konica Minolta 5D. Best value for money! If you are new to DSLR and not branded concious, try KM5D. I have considered Canon 300D, Nikon D70, C-350D, N-D50, eventually, after a careful consideration, KM5D is best for DSLR starter like me. The lenses are generally cheaper and quality is comparable to C and N. Actually, I am a Canon user (MiniDV, P&S DSC, SLR), but this time, I am switching to KM for many good reasons.

Many reasons that made me bought KM 5D:
1. Value for money (with 18-70 kit lens, no Nikon and Canon win).
2. AS: Anti-shake. Beautiful function for me. more satisfying as I can take better pictures.
3. Big LCD, 2.5inch - good to confirm if your image has motion blur.
4. Quality and price of Minolta lens are better and cheaper respectively

I did consider for future, hobby continuation like buying more lenses. It is harder to get Minolta lenses in Singapore, but...hei... is it not better that way, use the ones you have and start learning how to shoot while waiting for 2nd hand/ new lenses available.

That was just my experience. Whatever you buy, wish you happy shooting. :)

Definitely the 350D.... which is what I got after my last 10D.
But then again, I have been using EOS for 12 years.... so i am heavily invested.

But if you are starting from scratch... and don't plan to own a lot of lenses and have relatively simple needs, consider the KM5d... I think it does represent value fo rmoney. And hey, if you buy resale... you can expect good savings due to the smaller demand.

vii_haven said:

sounds like ur frens r using nikon... its better to have the same system as the majority of ur frens so u can try out stuff they have b4 buyin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.