320GB HD: Which brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the mac 13

May 22, 2005
Yew Tee
Hello,

In the market for a PATA 320GB harddisk(for internal usage). For now I am not looking at Maxtor.

So anyone got recomendation for a good one which can last long since I plan to dump 4 full HDD into the 320GB drive. Good shop? :)

Thanks!

Seagate.:)

I know, but I seriously have no other choice. All three HD's are constantly full.

OT: You recieved my PM?

guess you might want to skip seagate if you are giving maxtor a pass...
theres still samsung, hitachi, toshiba(i don recommand this), western digital...etc

About Seagate: I was looking around hardwarezone when I saw someone's 7200.10 died after a year la... :confused:

About Seagate: I was looking around hardwarezone when I saw someone's 7200.10 died after a year la... :confused:

my notebook toshiba 80gb hdd died <1/2yr... good thing under warranty then.

Seagate got 5 yrs warranty. Forget Samsung. 2 died on me in less than 6 months.

Any brand is good as long you don't get a lemon.
I would go for the brand that give the longest warranty and easy to RMA.

Seagate got 5 yrs warranty. Forget Samsung. 2 died on me in less than 6 months.

Yes its 5 years warranty. So of the data are meant to last a lifetime, so if the Hd dies in say 1 year, 5 year warranty no use, data cannot be recovered.

Then again maybe someboard inside is spoilt, so can still be used la.

From experience samsung is still a big no no in hdd. I had a friend who did 3 1 to 1 exchange in 1 month.

If you dun want to put all your eggs in 1 basket, den can get 2 or even more baskets and do raid =P

Am surprised hearing so many CSer stating that Seagate is good. Doing a search in HardwareZone found out that many people there are against Seagate. So which is right and which is wrong? Really eager to find out also...:think:
Me personally use a Seagate 250GB 7200RPM (only $149) and so far so good! :)

I like WD :lovegrin:

erm... i got a toshiba(dead and replaced) hitachi, maxtor, seagate, samsung... some 2.5" some 3.5", some IDE, some(one only) sata...

for me i go for the cheapest... they are more or less the same with me (haven got any bad experience with any brand other than toshiba)

I miss Quantum :sweat: They really made good stuff. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.