3200 or 5200?? Pls advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

~LiNdA~

Apr 14, 2004
Hi all,

Wanted to get my 1st digital cam..
Nw considerin Nikon 3700 or Nikon 5200.
Actually wan to get Nikon 4200 but nt out yet and the sales person say the price diff $50-$100.

Can pls advice mi which model to get.. :confused:
Thanx...

hmmm.. i'm gettin tis for travel..
so nt much into details...

so considerin this two model :think:
i oso got budget..
pocket got hole big big leh.. :bigeyes:

actually honestly, for consumer digicam, i recommend canon or casio. they're much more user friendly and compact.
the pricing for nikon consumer digicams are a bit on the high side considering the specs and the size given.

Clown said:
actually honestly, for consumer digicam, i recommend canon or casio. they're much more user friendly and compact.
the pricing for nikon consumer digicams are a bit on the high side considering the specs and the size given.

seriouslly.. i did sm research.. canon and casio was 1 of the consideration but after hands-on on casion cam dun realli like it.. where elsa canon.. after comparing the price wif nikon i rather buy nikon.. more worth.. so nw considering nikon coolpix 3700 or 5200 :)

If you do not need that high resolution.... then coolpix 3700 will be good enough for travel. The price different from 5200 is abt $200 ... choose what you needs .. :)

KNIGHT ONG said:
If you do not need that high resolution.... then coolpix 3700 will be good enough for travel. The price different from 5200 is abt $200 ... choose what you needs .. :)

you are so rite... todae i went do to alan photo trading and the price diff is $210.. i nw veri confuse.. i play coolpix 3700 the cam nt bad lah.. but seems like coolpix 5200 is better.. i ask the person over there they say other then the lens, megapixel and the LCD screen the rest of the features is the same..

I can't make up my mind :confused:

Personally i realli like the 3700 as i think it looks better and performs v well too. My fren's fren just bought a 5200 @ PC show so far he said he is satisfied with the camera.

Why not get the 3700 and use that $200 plus you save from the 5700 to get something like a 512 mb SD? (its SD right?) I think the card that comes in the nikon box is very small, like what 16mb? Travelling where got enough? ;)
I bought my mom a 3100, even cheaper model for her Japan trip last week but I slap in a 1gig card for her to go crazy with it. Boy, now I got LOADS of shots to print out ;p At 3 megapix, 4R no prob :D

m3csl said:
Personally i realli like the 3700 as i think it looks better and performs v well too. My fren's fren just bought a 5200 @ PC show so far he said he is satisfied with the camera.

Ur frenx frenx jus satisfied wif the cam onli ar? did he play ard wif the cam? i tin i will get 3700 instead of 5200 :)

FiveIronFrenzy said:
Why not get the 3700 and use that $200 plus you save from the 5700 to get something like a 512 mb SD? (its SD right?) I think the card that comes in the nikon box is very small, like what 16mb? Travelling where got enough? ;)
I bought my mom a 3100, even cheaper model for her Japan trip last week but I slap in a 1gig card for her to go crazy with it. Boy, now I got LOADS of shots to print out ;p At 3 megapix, 4R no prob :D

ya.. true can get higher memory SD card.. but i jus brought a 256SD card from PC show.. mAYB i goin to save $200 plus for GSS and my best frenx present... haha... :bsmilie

so mayb i jus go ahead and buy nikon 3700 bah....

btw any1 noes where is Magnificent Snap at Marina Square?
cos i try callin them but no one seems to pick up the phone..
or any1 noes their operating hours?

~LiNdA~ said:
btw any1 noes where is Magnificent Snap at Marina Square?
cos i try callin them but no one seems to pick up the phone..
or any1 noes their operating hours?

Magnificent Snap should be on the ground floor, right at the end of Marina Square, somewhere near the toilet or Whitelink. :)

shutterbug said:
Magnificent Snap should be on the ground floor, right at the end of Marina Square, somewhere near the toilet or Whitelink. :)

thanx.. i jus went there todae.. do u noe any1 tat buy cam from there?

~LiNdA~ said:
Ur frenx frenx jus satisfied wif the cam onli ar? did he play ard wif the cam? i tin i will get 3700 instead of 5200 :)

He commented that the pics r clear and nite shooting was rather gd. He did played ard with the camera and the menu system was quite logical dunno abt 3700 though

~LiNdA~ said:
thanx.. i jus went there todae.. do u noe any1 tat buy cam from there?

Nope. I would recommend u get a equote from MS Color in AMK Central if u are looking for good price and service. Get your equote from here www.mscolor.com.sg :)

the e-quote from MS-Color is abt $480 including GST with some free stuff. one of which i think is a 64MB SD card

shutterbug said:
Nope. I would recommend u get a equote from MS Color in AMK Central if u are looking for good price and service. Get your equote from here www.mscolor.com.sg :)

y nt get from ther? u encounter any bad experience? cos the price they offer mi was quite gd for 5200. so i was considerin to get 5200 from there instead of 3700

starz_86 said:
the e-quote from MS-Color is abt $480 including GST with some free stuff. one of which i think is a 64MB SD card

thanx ya.. u been a great help..

Status
Not open for further replies.