30sec shutter speed shooting harm ur camera?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-ism

Dec 24, 2008
Toa Payoh
Hi there...anyone of u know that open big shutter amount n shoot will harm ur camera light time? becoz i got a frien who advise me not to do that often while he saw me doing this kind of shoot... lol

Anyway i just hope to know tat did it actually cut down the life time?! thanks broz

in fact everytime you use your camera to take a picture, you will wear out some parts
and the lifespan of your camera will be shorter by 1

some ppl use 2 min shutter exposure during night photography, why worry so much ?

Unless u're exposing the sensor to direct sunlight which will kill the sensor, else it's ok.

30 sec is pretty ok... like ortega says; everytime you switch it on and press the shutter, something will get worn out... so just shoot while it last!!

At most just change the shutter when it dies. And do that b4 the warranty expires :p

Hi there...anyone of u know that open big shutter amount n shoot will harm ur camera light time? becoz i got a frien who advise me not to do that often while he saw me doing this kind of shoot... lol

Anyway i just hope to know tat did it actually cut down the life time?! thanks broz
is your friend a photographer?

if it is really bad for your camera, sure you can find it in your camera owner manual.
go and read what is bad for your camera.

Haha! But people leave their shutter open for HOURS for star trail photography leh...

Well, 30 sec, 10 sec.. either way, like all the other members said, your camera is still gonna have some parts worn out, then might as well as just continue taking photos until that time comes..

Unless you're a "heavy user" who uses your camera almost everyday, taking photos of at least 300 shots or getting assignments every now and then, then get ready to change the shutter. :D or if you have the spare $$$ to buy another camera, then go and buy another one, repair the parts for the current, keep as spare, do whatever you want with it loh. :D

no. i have done a lot of long exposures. anyways, the shutter can be replaced

the only thing that might happen is if you happily do a 2 hour exposure into the bright bright sun, then for sure your sensor will burn. :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.