Status
Not open for further replies.

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Hi all,
Me again. ;p Went for a shooting session this week. But slightly different from the previous shoot as my gang and i decided to do an overnight shoot till morning for some shots of the sunrise at the Esplanade. Hmm, and so, with our heavy set up, we walk from orchard to city hall area on friday night after work. And here are some shots to share~ Decided to name this series, 《光》 because, we are basically playing with lights for nightshoot. And here goes...

1) Shot at Faber House without tripod. Gives me a feeling of "Square Room". Decide to name it "光阁" because it seems like a room and also because "阁" sounds close to "格"

DSC_2893e_for_web.jpg

2) This shot is actually the roof of the SingTel Building. Looks like a beam pillar to me. Thus, the title.

DSC_2898e_for_web.jpg

3) Trails of light from a taxi. Won't say the trails are neat. But i actually like the messiness of the light around the arrow.

DSC_2927e_for_web.jpg

4) My friend. Catching some lights.

DSC_2934e_for_web.jpg

5) Taken from the Orchard Atrium Building. This shot is originally overexposed. Did some PP on it and rather like the cold tone. It looks like a Neon Light Path i see in those cyber games. Got this futuristic feel to me.

DSC_2955e_for_web.jpg

6) Taken at Cathay. Looks like a Castle brightening up in a garden filled with some little light glows. And ya, the construction fence at the lower left corner is quite an eye sore.

DSC_2978e_for_web.jpg

7) Taken at SMU. Lights from the staircase. The lights seems to be floating if you notice the curve of it. And thus, the title.

DSC_3076e_for_web.jpg

8) Taken at SMU too. Its the shelter outside the main door. Initially wanted to title it "Light Centipede" but then, a bit spoil the feel. So, i call it "Light Track" instead.

DSC_3084e_for_web.jpg

And well, by the time i shoot till this shot, it is abt 430 a.m. Got a stomachache and difficulty to find a toilet at that hour and was pondering if i should head home. Well, while we were discussing, Heaven made the decision for us. It rains and we left in different cabs. What a waste!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the shots~ C & Cs Welcome!

interesting. able to get a 目光如豆 subject?

how old could u be!!!! aiya!!

keep up the good stuff. :thumbsup:

haha, 28 in a mth's time! hitting the header "3" . Nevertheless, thanks for the encouragement, Cheesecake. Will work hard to improve on it!

haha, 28 in a mth's time! hitting the header "3" . Nevertheless, thanks for the encouragement, Cheesecake. Will work hard to improve on it!

Young man, keep up the great job!
Nice series.

Loved all of the shots. :thumbsup:

great series. I love the play with shadows and lights, it sorts brings out a very surreal and subdued side of a singapore nightlife. It's all very abstract, different. I like.

Cheers.

great series. I love the play with shadows and lights, it sorts brings out a very surreal and subdued side of a singapore nightlife. It's all very abstract, different. I like.

Cheers.

Thank you,fisheye~ Ya, always wanted to shoot something different in my walkabouts. Singapore is not that bad for photography after all. Always missed it when i go China. ;)

nice pictures :)~

bro never shoot <<&#36208;&#20809;>>?? :bsmilie:

Thanks, bro~ Haha, got see la, but only from those ladies "working" in the night (if u know what i mean) and don't dare to shoot cos scare wait kanna hatam though i got a tripod. I long time never go orchard area in the middle of the night liao. This time round, saw quite a lot of "deals" going on along my walk about. Rich Man driving a Nissan 350Z got stop by police, when we walk over, saw a "Pro" in it. Then at another stop, at the Kopitiam beside Art Museum, saw some pimps dealing with old mans openly. Biangz, and the pimps are women lor. Haiz, maybe i "Mountain Tortise". Quite an eye opener though. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.