300D - Problem .. is it spoilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoo

Aug 28, 2004
My 300D suddenly have problem when it is set to Manual Model (P, M, ...)
When I click on the shoot button, It seems to have problem focusing..
Everything works fine when I use the auto mode ... and when I switch to manual focus....

I test with another of my lens, same problem...

anyone know what happen to my camera?

When you switch to manual focus, you must focus the camera yourself by turning the focussing ring.
Sorry if I misunderstood your problem.

adamadam said:
When you switch to manual focus, you must focus the camera yourself by turning the focussing ring.
Well... You may or may not have got it wrong. The way he posted makes me think likewise.

Unless, he means that on Auto mode, the camera can focus. Other modes like P, TV, AV & M, the cam can't focus...?

Hi,

Hv you tried taking out the battery...........

just my 2 cents

syazkal said:
Hi,

Hv you tried taking out the battery...........

just my 2 cents
Yes. I tried using another battery.. still same problem

adamadam said:

Yes when I set to manual focus... I can snap photo by turning the focusing ring..

jeremyftk said:
Well... You may or may not have got it wrong. The way he posted makes me think likewise.

Unless, he means that on Auto mode, the camera can focus. Other modes like P, TV, AV & M, the cam can't focus...?
Sorry for the misunderstanding....

My problem is that on P, TV, AV & M mode, my 300d is not able to auto focus.

Water Spiderman said:
try changing your lens and make sure the contacts are clean.
I tried with another len..

also same effect...

I got a feeling that the problem lies with the user and not the camera.

Switch to centre focusing point only and focus on a contrasty area rather den an area of low contrast.

Check ur lens to ensure its switched to AF mode instead of MF mode.

jsbn said:
I got a feeling that the problem lies with the user and not the camera.

Switch to centre focusing point only and focus on a contrasty area rather den an area of low contrast.

Check ur lens to ensure its switched to AF mode instead of MF mode.
Hope that it is my problem...

how to switch to center focusing?

I am confirm on AF.

i'm quite sure it's user error.

there's an AF button which u need to press and just turn ur dial to the desired box and in this case, the centre point.

tahoo said:
Hope that it is my problem...

how to switch to center focusing?

I am confirm on AF.
There u are! :bsmilie:

There's a AF focus point selection button on ur 300D where ur thumb can reach it (check the manual to find out the button), select using the wheel located near the shutter release button.

For more instructions, read the manual again and again (strongly advise u to do dat since it really sounded like u'd never touched the manual) to get thoroughly familiar with ur camera.

In case if u're really, really lost, there are several guides on Canon's website to get u started:
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/enjoydslr/

Download link for the manual of ur 300D
http://beta00.c-wss.com/inc/servlet...adFiles_inc/00036099EN0101/EOSDR300DIM-EN.PDF

I will go and try... thanks for all your advice..

glad to know that it is my problem .. but the camera..

sorry for the stupid question.. has i am still very new to the camera.... hence still learning and trying out different setting..

Anyway, will update the forum...

Thanks jsbn, PhillipTan and drumma. You all are RIGHT. It is my fault playing with AF focus point selection.

It is not that I dun try to read the manual, I am really a novice and still learning. Hope you guys understand.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.