300D photo quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

litechaser

Oct 5, 2004
Hi

am quite new to DSLR. juz not very sure abt the photo quality setting in the 300D. If I select the 2nd largest quality, how big can I print out the photo to ? How big if I were to print at the highest quality ( not raw ) ? Thx for yr help :)

litechaser said:
Hi

am quite new to DSLR. juz not very sure abt the photo quality setting in the 300D. If I select the 2nd largest quality, how big can I print out the photo to ? How big if I were to print at the highest quality ( not raw ) ? Thx for yr help :)

Hi Bro,

I think your manual should have indicate the size of the max printout. Anyway, I'd advise you to go for the highest possible settings where the compression rate is lower and you get finer details. Unless you are outdoor and running out of space, then will it be my only option to set it to the 2nd highest. Else, why get a DSLR if you do not need all the fine details.

Cheers

As Lmodel says, I recommend that you shoot at the highest possible resolution and quality, without going so far as to shoot in RAW unless you absolutely want to be sure that you'll make no mistakes with White Balance, and want more control.

If you need more space, purchase more CF cards, as they are getting inexpensive these days. Some will also be available in the B&S forums for a lower price.

When you have the best quality file, you'll have more options and can crop or resize it as you like on the computer for online display or sending to friends in the email.

Just shoot large super fine JPEG, you should be fine for at least 8x10 or 10x12", maybe more with resizing.

hi

thx all for ur advice. lost my manual, so hv to seek help here .

check out dpreivew etc for the specs, XXXX by YYYY pixels. usually for photoprints, 300dpi is enough, for prints to 12", for larger, maybe 180dpi is enough. as for fine/normal settings, they're just compression similar to saving jpg in PS.

suggestion is to shoot as large as you can, to allow for crops if needed etc.

litechaser said:
hi

thx all for ur advice. lost my manual, so hv to seek help here .

You can download a copy of the mannual in pdf format from Canon website. If sg website do not have it, download from the US website- look fro Digital Rebel.

Status
Not open for further replies.