300D kit at $1650! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfish

Dec 30, 2003
Mother Earth
Visit site
Hi all,

Have just spoken to someone at Alan photo and he quoted me this price (& of course with the telephoto too) while MS quoted a solid $100 more and the lady on the phone wasn't friendly. *sniff*!

Anyway, the actually question is:

Can anyone think of a very very good excuse to buy the camera?
I'm itching badly to get it but it'll burn a really big hole in my wallet & I'll have to persuade my dear wifey.

Please please help!

Thanx a million! :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

coldfish said:
Hi all,

Have just spoken to someone at Alan photo and he quoted me this price (& of course with the telephoto too) while MS quoted a solid $100 more and the lady on the phone wasn't friendly. *sniff*!

I'm itching badly to get it but it'll burn a really big hole in my wallet & I'll have to persuade my dear wifey.

Please please help!

hmm.... the Alan Photo phenomenon again...=)

Havent ever had a bad experience with them b4, but some CSers have, so you might want to be wary.. check what youre getting and everything.

haha.. why need an excuse to buy camera?! the question is what you DONT already have a camera! I'm sure your wifey will understand... ... ... eventually. :bsmilie:

Btw, welcome to CS.=)

coldfish said:

Hi,

Just tell her that getting it will stop the itch. Relieve you of the pain. :blah:

Cheers!

coldfish said:
Hi all,

Please please help!

1) To take nicer pictures of you, my dear.

2) To take nicer pictures of the kids with you, my dear.

3) To take nicer pics of you on holiday, my dear.

4) It's much cheaper then playing golf, my dear.

If those don't work,

5) Please! I beg you, my dear....... :D

If photography is your passion then this is a pretty good start, although I can almost guarantee you it will shortly get a lot more expensive with lenses, filters, cards, bags, tripods and what not. Honestly, be prepared to fork out $3-4K in total if you want to get the most out of this system. Or you could stick with a prosumer and get a perfectly decent system for the same price.

Cheers,

You may not get the same prices again. Ensure it is not a gray product.
Just tell your wife you needed it to get good photograph of her.

Buy first explain later (no choice already what) she won't divoice you for this.
Always work one :devil:

Dennis said:
Buy first explain later (no choice already what) she won't divoice you for this.

:D evil eye :thumbsup:

Tell her its better to spend on a body mounted with big brown glassy eyes than bodies with long legs and wear cheongsam! Guarantee it will work! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Dennis said:

yeah yeah, cos cam will be in your hand already! You got nothing to loose :D !!! Take lots of their photo and print them and past all over my office wall.

eh... do double check wat they giving u, hor? if u did call up mscolor, their tele quote is always a bit on the high side. there are only 2 ladies in mscolor. wonder which one u talked to? :think:

Does the $1650 include GST?
I doubt so. They will never include to make the price seem low.

coldfish said:
I'll have to persuade my dear wifey.

Buy the 300D, and at the same time, get your wife a diamond ring :p... U get a new toy, and she gets a new rock... Win win situation :)

Jia Wang said:
Buy the 300D, and at the same time, get your wife a diamond ring :p... U get a new toy, and she gets a new rock... Win win situation :)

no... get yourself 300D and get her a L lens. win win but in the end u win more :bsmilie:

airforce1 said:
You may not get the same prices again. Ensure it is not a gray product.
Just tell your wife you needed it to get good photograph of her.

eh? i thought you wont get the 75-300 if its a gray lens? :dunno:

alan photo always quote u without GST on the phone. so give u some sort of surprise when u go down to the shop...
MS color normally quote with gst over the phone.

:bsmilie: Thanx for the invaluable advices everyone!
Hell, why haven't I thought of the GST thing? Cathay warned me before & I just forgot abt the whole thing... Nevertheless, unless MS can quote me less than 1732, Alan is still cheaper.

My wife knows I'm keen in photography and I've already got a film (rangefinder) and a DC.
But she really wants a car. So if I were to get that 300D, I'm also prepared to fork out more for flash, filters, more lenses, etc, the plan will have to be pushed back. *sigh* :hammer:

coldfish said:
:bsmilie: Thanx for the invaluable advices everyone!
Hell, why haven't I thought of the GST thing? Cathay warned me before & I just forgot abt the whole thing... Nevertheless, unless MS can quote me less than 1732, Alan is still cheaper.

My wife knows I'm keen in photography and I've already got a film (rangefinder) and a DC.
But she really wants a car. So if I were to get that 300D, I'm also prepared to fork out more for flash, filters, more lenses, etc, the plan will have to be pushed back. *sigh* :hammer:

Maybe can do some purchase list? Plan and prioritise what you need to get after you get the 300D? Don't burn too big a hole in your pocket by turning buying into an obsession...

although some of us will stand by the words... buy buy buy :blah: :devil: , so do give your budget a thought... and you can start to build up the whole system slowly from there :)

Just my 2 cents

Rgds

Luckily my wife supported me and never asked a single question when I have my DSLR, total damaged to date about $20k !!!. maybe she does not know and hopefully she don't see this web site :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.