300D free lens ability on macro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo

Jun 6, 2004
west of "fine" country
Need advise from u guys pls.

Does the canon 300D free zoom lens 75-300mm have the ability to do macro shots? If can, what equipment do i need? And the cost pls. I need to balance up the cost of it to do macro b4 i jump in to buy a macro lens.

Ya! and the pros/cons of the 75-300mm lens with the equipment to do macro shot. Thanks.

You can attach an extension tube and do macro with it. But I am not too sure of the results.

yes..u can either use an extention tube or closeup filter..no problems..just that it maybe a little soft.

The 75-300 makes for quite a good macro lens..although don't expect the same performance as a dedicated macro lens like the Tamron SP90 or the Canon EF100 F2.8 Macro..:) With that said, I used a Nikon 6T 62mm close up filter with a 58-62 step up ring to do macro with that lens. The 6T has a rating of +2.9. Theoratically it should give you up to 1.3x life size..I bought the 6T third hand..although I believe it should be easily available in Singapore..:) Not sure of the price though.. :embrass:

Since the 75-300 has also been known to be much sharper once stopped down, sharpness should be pretty good...Most of the time I step down to F8..sometimes F16 as the DOF at that magnification is pretty low...:)

Anyway there's some sample shots I took with the 75-300 with the 6T attached here if you're interested.

Macro Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.