300D Failed me

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeNaCeWu

Aug 3, 2002
Clementi
Visit site
:( Just took out my camera from my dry cabinet to have it be ready to be sent for cleaning cause my warranty is almost up, tried taking a few shots and noticed that the AF failed! The AF just keeps on hunting and it doesn't focus lock anymore. Tried with another lens and the same outcome. Sigh gonna send for service soon.

Since your warranty is ALMOST up, better quickly send for servicing before warranty is really UP! :) Good luck with it!

nickmak said:
Since your warranty is ALMOST up, better quickly send for servicing before warranty is really UP! :) Good luck with it!
Yea got like 3 weeks left

MeNaCeWu said:
:( Just took out my camera from my dry cabinet to have it be ready to be sent for cleaning cause my warranty is almost up, tried taking a few shots and noticed that the AF failed! The AF just keeps on hunting and it doesn't focus lock anymore. Tried with another lens and the same outcome. Sigh gonna send for service soon.

You tried cleaning the contacts between lens and body? Also, which focussing mode are you in, didn't accidentally switch to sports mode did you?

MeNaCeWu said:

I have the same AF problems on my 300d as well. Not sure if u have the same problems as I did.

Read my previous thread :

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=87003&highlight=conked

Anyway u got to get it repaired right? regardless of warranty or not?

dkw said:
You tried cleaning the contacts between lens and body? Also, which focussing mode are you in, didn't accidentally switch to sports mode did you?
Yup tried cleaning both contacts already, i don't basic modes one, used p mode and even switched to auto mode. The AF just keeps hunting.

rainman said:
I have the same AF problems on my 300d as well. Not sure if u have the same problems as I did.

Read my previous thread :

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=87003&highlight=conked

Anyway u got to get it repaired right? regardless of warranty or not?
Hmm, not the same problem i think, mine still can MF and take a picture.

MeNaCeWu said:
Hmm, not the same problem i think, mine still can MF and take a picture.

Have you tried changing the lens? It may because of the lens which fail you, not the body.

nah, i had something that killed my 10D's AF back in january. go and get it serviced.

if after trying a couple of lenses, and they all consistently symptomatically search from nearest to furthest on the distance scale... then it's the camera at fault.

sehsuan said:
nah, i had something that killed my 10D's AF back in january. go and get it serviced.

if after trying a couple of lenses, and they all consistently symptomatically search from nearest to furthest on the distance scale... then it's the camera at fault.

Hmmm tried on both my lens can't be both AF failed at the same time right, yea the AF just hunts from the nearest to the furthest.

Just sent in my camera to canon, when i asked abt cleaning my sensor, the lady said that cleaning of sensor is no longer covered in the warranty, clean sensor costs 20 bucks.

New info to digest everyone. Thanks for updating. :eek:

es0teric said:
Clean already? Sell it. Go for 20D!!
haha no such money! oh yah for the fellow Canon users who drives and haven't been to Canon Service Centre @ Keppel Tower (Beside Harbor Front), Canon provides free parking for their customers, they have their own car park (not the keppel tower $3/hr one). *Grumbles* damn it i parked the vehicle at some HDB car park beside the interchange and have to walk 10 mins to the place, den i found out abt this free parking thing, darn. Okay guys i'll update more abt when i get to collect my camera, provided i am driving there.

And also they took in my 18-55mm to check too. OH ya, don't if you all know this or not, but i went to comex and at the canon counter, the banners printed A95 and A85 are there....

Where is the car-park? Entrance?
Btw, I just found out that normal Sensor cleaning is $20 for all DSLR camera. However, diff prices if cleaning is to carry out behind the mirror. If i'm not wrong, more expensive for 10D & 1D, than 300D.

evq said:
Where is the car-park? Entrance?
Btw, I just found out that normal Sensor cleaning is $20 for all DSLR camera. However, diff prices if cleaning is to carry out behind the mirror. If i'm not wrong, more expensive for 10D & 1D, than 300D.
Ya i was told that price. By the way the car park can be found around

http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/m...x=114&Click+Any+Point+To+Centralise+Map.y=298

UPdates, Canon just called me to inform me that my camera is ready for collection. Going down tomorrow to collect it.

MeNaCeWu said:
UPdates, Canon just called me to inform me that my camera is ready for collection. Going down tomorrow to collect it.

Sigh.. I got a bad feeling abt this... Gers.. it time to hide again.....

:p

Bluestrike said:
Sigh.. I got a bad feeling abt this... Gers.. it time to hide again.....

:p
Haha long time no see BS, hey don't disclose our secret leh :D

MeNaCeWu said:
Ya i was told that price. By the way the car park can be found around

http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/m...x=114&Click+Any+Point+To+Centralise+Map.y=298

Oh wow! I didn't know Canon customers could use that carpark, always parked illegally along the side of the road outside the showroom ;p .

dkw said:
Oh wow! I didn't know Canon customers could use that carpark, always parked illegally along the side of the road outside the showroom ;p .
Well thats what the customers' service lady said, free parking for all canon customers, maybe she said cause she saw my car keys? When asked for the direction for the carpark she just said, just keep driving towards the sea lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.