300 dogs dumped onto deserted island in Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but wonder how things might have turned out differently if this incident had occurred in a country where people are more inclined towards humane treatment of animals.

ie, the incident wouldn't have even occurred if there was an option/availability of adoption/rescue centres/shelters within the country itself.

It is true, i have a good friend whom is a china man engineer, so work together with china men construction worker... they did tell him before they'll eat the packs of wild dogs around the industrial estate... industrial estate or those dumping grounds always got packs of wild dogs one hor?

Then i guess there are indeed some dog meat brewing somewhere in singapore once in a while. In Chinese these are called "Ye Wei" (exotic food) or "Xiang Rou" (fragrant meat).

Lets hope they would change one day and be less cruel.

speechless. i've always thought of China as a relatively cruel country.. i mean they eat bear's paws, dog meat, turtle soup and all t he funny stuffs.. And I've seen videos of them slaughtering the animals, alive and i feel totally disgusted.. i'm like a 3/4 vegeterian now -_-
regarding the dogs, i thought leaving them on the island's better than bashing them to death or being put down (like how our local SPCA do when they have too many dogs). just hope those lil dears will manage to hunt for food and survive on their own..
]

To the locals, these are just trades. Just like olden days when snakes are de-skinned alive in chinatown (Singapore) to brew soups. Those who cant stand the sight of it were free to skip eating them.

Or how about drunken prawns (dipped in alcohol and cooked alive in front of customers) we sometimes see in fine chinese dining? I guess shark fin is no better either.

So, as humans, we are at the top of the animal kingdom. We can do what we like including turning farms into torture institutes, feeding them human feaces, depriving them of nutrition and space. Could this be the result of H1N1? This is retribution to mankind like it or not. And many of the farms in Mexico are American owned.

I am half vegetarian currently and i do get suspicious sometimes when it comes to very cheap food. I rather not eat and skip a meal if i dont have a choice.

What has Islam got to do it? IIRC, Pulau Ketam is a Chinese fishing village. :dunno:

Where are the owners of the dogs anyway? Are these stray or domestic dogs?

I wanted to say that too, thanks for pointing it out! It's a Chinese fishing village, so the person who brought up religion into this is baseless.

Then i guess there are indeed some dog meat brewing somewhere in singapore once in a while. In Chinese these are called "Ye Wei" (exotic food) or "Xiang Rou" (fragrant meat).

Lets hope they would change one day and be less cruel.

Only those less educated china construction worker will... those more educated enginners type won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.