300 ~ Amazingly like a graphic novel....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zplus

Mar 16, 2002
Some equitorial, tropical isle
Just watched this! If you like reading graphic novels, then this is the show to watch.... almost artlike. Do avoid it if you cannot stomach violence.... it is quite loaded with it... although its very stylized....
;)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh..... by the way.... looks out for "Kumar's" guest appearance.... hahahhaha!:bsmilie:

Kumar ????? Was he even on screen ?

Which role did he played ?? The belly dancers ?

from the makers of SIN CITY

sin-city-poster13.jpg

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/filmes/sin-city/sin-city-poster13.jpg

The action is really amazing and like nothing I have ever seen before. I think the director really did a good job on this one! Its one wild ride....

Yups, Frank Miller graphic novel... ;)

No lah, Kumar never appeared... just someone who looks so much like him... hehe...

If you are a action junkie, this is the movie! Totally outrageous actions and fight sequences.

By the way, the whole cinema was totally awed to silence during the battle scenes! Even the chronic cougher behind me was silenced....:bsmilie:

"This is where we fight! This is where they die!"

HAhahahhaa!

300 originated from a graphic novel..

Which was based on real history. The battle did actually take place, but I think the numbers (for the Persian Army) was a little exerggerated tho.

But 'Sin City' quite silly... dun like... still got 2nd part coming this year...

Silly, perhaps, I guess they went overboard on the graphic novel linkage.
But it's not a bad movie, actually. One of the better ones I've seen in this life.
But then I'm a graphic novel junkie so.. =D

Which was based on real history. The battle did actually take place, but I think the numbers (for the Persian Army) was a little exerggerated tho.

Think it was estimated to be around 1,000,000 to 2,000,000 Persians. The Greek side had 300 spartans plus a lot more other Greek forces. Don't think there was an accurate estimate...

Go google a bit abt the historical spartans..a brutal society trained from birth & born for war..:)

where's kumar? i didn't see him? the persian king ah? :bsmilie:

Didn't really like it that much, though the visuals are quite fantastic. Somehow the storytelling is just blah, and the Spartans are made into masculine gods while the leader of the Persians is effeminate bitch. Hmm.. Prefered Sin City.

The action is really amazing and like nothing I have ever seen before. I think the director really did a good job on this one! Its one wild ride....

Yups, Frank Miller graphic novel... ;)

No lah, Kumar never appeared... just someone who looks so much like him... hehe...

If you are a action junkie, this is the movie! Totally outrageous actions and fight sequences.

By the way, the whole cinema was totally awed to silence during the battle scenes! Even the chronic cougher behind me was silenced....:bsmilie:

"This is where we fight! This is where they die!"

HAhahahhaa!

yeah, the Spartans' coordinated fighting style is simply marvellous! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yeah, the Spartans' coordinated fighting style is simply marvellous! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like they way they slowed down the action and you can see how they use the shield and short sword or spear. Its like what you read in the history books...;)

i love this movie!!

this is how real men should behave like.... gung ho!!!!! semper fi!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Violent_sterb323.gif

get some!!!! get some!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.