30 Most Important Digital Cameras of All Time

An drew

May 27, 2005
Interesting article from Popular Photo.

The 30 Most Important Digital Cameras of All Time

http://www.popphoto.com/gear/2013/1...1&spJobID=342734378&spReportId=MzQyNzM0Mzc4S0

I still remember using this and inserting 1.44 MB floppy disks into it and travelling with a stack of floppy disks.

I am glad the 5D2 made the list. :)

12._sony_mavica.jpg

Last edited:
Great to see how the DSLR camera improved and advanced in such a short time period. :)

Wow... brings back the memory... I remember saving frantically all my money for some of the cam... but cannot bring myself to buy it in the end.

Only embrace digital in 2010 whereas all my friends had done so much earlier. Well guess it's better late then never.

Glad to see the camera that brought me over from film SLR to DSLR is in the list - the Canon Digital Rebel (mine was bought from the States), which had stayed with me till now. Even though I had another digital compact camera much earlier.

I have used Mavica too.

After shooting film and color sildes, my first DSLR was the Nikon D1.

I still have it today although I haven't used it for years.

Great! As we go down memory lane, please share with us which was your first digital camera. :xmas:

Great! As we go down memory lane, please share with us which was your first digital camera. :xmas:

i'm not joking.. this was my 1st after moving away from film.

Samsung V200. (it gave me photos of 352 x 288 pixels)

dsc00033ym7.jpg

picture credit to owner.

now i kinda get a 'wa-biang eh' feeling when i look at the photos taken then but if i'm not wrong, it was the very 1st camera-equipped phone.

i'm not joking.. this was my 1st after moving away from film.

Samsung V200. (it gave me photos of 352 x 288 pixels)

picture credit to owner.

now i kinda get a 'wa-biang eh' feeling when i look at the photos taken then but if i'm not wrong, it was the very 1st camera-equipped phone.

Ha ha great!

Only embrace digital in 2010 whereas all my friends had done so much earlier. Well guess it's better late then never.

Actually started dabbling in digital in 2009 using this little fella a Pentax Optio Z10 PnS to get a feel
of digital.Still with me since graduated to DSLR :)

Actually started dabbling in digital in 2009 using this little fella a Pentax Optio Z10 PnS to get a feel
of digital.Still with me since graduated to DSLR :)

Wow! 8MP, must be quite good.

I'm surprised Lytro is not on the list. Quite groundbreaking IMHO.

Haha see for yourself the image not too bad :)

This is much better than what the Mavica could do. My kids have lousy photos of themselves until my 20D came along.

Interesting article, thanks for the link.