3 Small Dots On HMC UV Filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donchua

Nov 30, 2004
Tampines
Found 3 small dots on a external side of the Hoya HMC UV filter when mount onto the cam. The dots are located near to the side, not really center.
Can't really see the dots by reflection on the glass hold on the hand but if see
thru directly against light, the dots can be seen.
Just wondering will the dots affect the pic taken?
Thanks.

u try n take a picture with the filter? then will know liao...?

Sometime ago I bought a used canon 70-200 L lense 2.8 with a hair line scratch at the side of it. I was assured by the seller that it would not affect the image of the pictures. He was right and after hundreds of pictures, there is no sign that the hair line (presume your dots are quite similar) makes the picture worst off.

2hwang said:
Sometime ago I bought a used canon 70-200 L lense 2.8 with a hair line scratch at the side of it. I was assured by the seller that it would not affect the image of the pictures. He was right and after hundreds of pictures, there is no sign that the hair line (presume your dots are quite similar) makes the picture worst off.

Yes it wont.

Imagine war photog who covered the recent war in Iraq....they cant be blowing dust off their lenses . Their pic turn out very good

the only it affects is the mind I guess.. I hate to see the few specks of dust in my lens. It just irritates me a bit. Other than that.. pictures are ok :D

Aguys, big thanks for all your advices. :thumbsup:

donchua said:
Aguys, big thanks for all your advices. :thumbsup:

U r most welcome. Though it is irritating to see dust spec on the lens, it wont afftect the images. Most important there shouldnt be any dust spec on the sensor of the dslr.

Witness said:
its water.... if i am not wrong
should be able to clean off...

They are not water mark.
Tried using len pen & micro fibre cloth to clean and still there.
Whe I run my finger nail over the dots, can feel like very small hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.