Looking left....
CSB3.jpg

Looking right....
CSB1.jpg

Looking at you.

Nice pics man:thumbsup:

simply awnsome :thumbsup:

wow ... composition, colors, sharhness simply top notch :thumbsup:

Stunning. Colours out to grab you. Great timing on the last shot.

Thanks for sharing.

Kman

good colours on the crimson

Excellent captures of the crimson, especially the 1st and last pics. Well done and thanks for sharing. :)

Nice colors! Like the pose of the first pic :thumbsup:

Not sure if i am right but i think sharpness is a bit lacking on pic 2?

I like image #1 more. Try to avoid white colour objects in the background, as they can be quite distracting (as in the case of image #3).

Happy shooting! ;)

nemesis32 said:
Not sure if i am right but i think sharpness is a bit lacking on pic 2?

Agree, have since replaced it with another shot which I think is better. However, all these shots have razor thin DOF as I only focused on the head.

Thanks to all who took the time to view and comment.:)

Zerstorer, nice attempts at the Crimson, very well exposed but I feel they could have been better given enough DOF. Nevertheless, good job and keep it coming! :)

Thanks.:)
The limited depth of field was actually intended as I wanted to protray them in a manner different from the usual style of shooting. My personal favourite is the 3rd shot as it has a sense of dynamic impact with the visual elements(blurred orchid in foreground) and DOF leading into the focal point at the centre. When I scrolled through my shots, this was the one that caught my eye immediately rather than the others with a more classical composition.

These shots were taken at a distance of just over a meter.

I crept up on the sunbird when it was feeding and I found that since I was so close, I jokingly decided to switch to my 85mm and shoot some bird portraiture-hence the title. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.