xmen1977.clubsnap.org
oh well, nothing shy to talk abt :D

me just got the intention to put braces

think that's quite a price to pay for
ok for guys to put braces?

:embrass:

er.. maybe u would have liked to try it when in kindergarten ^_^

West_ray said:
erm, i'm curious abt the price paid, is it mainly for the product or service ?

well, for both
but the extraction of the wisdom teeth is not included in the price

hehe
think of it, a bit late for me to try ;p

u can try goin to NUH they have a post grad prog where the post grads put the braces for u. the price i paid last time was 3x $600 payments and $200 for retainers. quite alright i feel coz they're guided by profs.

Mystix said:
u can try goin to NUH they have a post grad prog where the post grads put the braces for u. the price i paid last time was 3x $600 payments and $200 for retainers. quite alright i feel coz they're guided by profs.

thks :)

anyone there to contact?

i only started wearing braces when i was 20. nothing to be ashamed about...

3.5k is ok in my opinion, i'm paying around that price except mine is ceramic instead of metal. anyway did the dr tell you what is exactly wrong with your set of teeth? the price is usually tagged to how easy/difficult it is to verify the problem...

vanisia said:
i only started wearing braces when i was 20. nothing to be ashamed about...

3.5k is ok in my opinion, i'm paying around that price except mine is ceramic instead of metal. anyway did the dr tell you what is exactly wrong with your set of teeth? the price is usually tagged to how easy/difficult it is to verify the problem...

thks

he just said i shld go for it
so $3.5k will get a ceramic one?

so when did u get it remove? result gd? :embrass:

xmen1977 said:
thks

he just said i shld go for it
so $3.5k will get a ceramic one?

so when did u get it remove? result gd? :embrass:

hi there, i am wearing orthodontic braces which cost about $5K. I got mine done at the National Dental Centre and the dentists there are very professional and courteous. I am also paying by installments.

however, i think the ceramic braces will take longer than normal braces and are not as good.

just a thought, good luck on your braces! :)

wallpaper said:
hi there, i am wearing orthodontic braces which cost about $5K. I got mine done at the National Dental Centre and the dentists there are very professional and courteous. I am also paying by installments.

however, i think the ceramic braces will take longer than normal braces and are not as good.

just a thought, good luck on your braces! :)

ic
thks for the info

btw, what's ur upfront payment?

i am doing mine this week. i had undergone 2 surgerys at national dental center for wisdom tooth surgery, due to i am still in ns, i got subsidy from my camp here. Total amount is about $800 plus for 5 tooth that took out now. Before that, i had got my 8 brackets ready $600, and this thur, $700 for wires and a TPA.. so chim rite? hee total i need to spend about $5k... no money to buy camera leow..

SGD3.5K sounds ok.

but if i were u, i would drive to JB to do it. If u have no confidence with the doctores there, at least u can a dentist who graduated from National Dental Center In Singapore.

U pay almost MYR4k there.

The hassel is, u need to go there susbsequent visit.

But the money u save might buy a 2nd hand 300D.

yeah i heard about people going to jb to do braces, but i am only worried if theres any error, might be troublesome. As for whitening my teeth after braces, i will go jb to do the 1 hr britesmile treatment, in here about $900 for 1 hr treatment, i think i need to go serveral times, so jb will be cheaper i guess.

yeah i heard about people going to jb to do braces, but i am only worried if theres any error, might be troublesome.

Get a reputable dentist. If u are not sure, no idea who is good. Look at the worings of the wall, u can tell where the dental get thier qualification from.

If u dun trust local grad dental, get a foreign grad or Singapore grad dental.

the only trouble is, u have to go abroad to do your subsequent follow.

but there are thousands of people who travel in-out everyday.

for your casem, wisdom tooth extraction can cause about SGD500 per peice in Singapore. X2 is SGD1000. The whole operation + braces + subsequent follow up is a big sum.

I am very sure if u can get someone to drive in to JB everytime for the dental visit, even after u buy him/her a meal, u can still possible to save for a 300D.

good luck.

Cheapest pull all teeth out and wear dentures. Then can brush teeth while gargling listerine. :bsmilie:

Are there any no nos :nono: to follow when the braces have just been fitted?

Coz I dive and don't want anything to happen..... :sweat:

Gee....I too am planning to start having dentures after years of mulling over the idea....problem is I am reaching my mid-20s soon. Guess its not a major problem image-wise, but I am concerned about how long the process is going to take.

Anyway, I nearly managed to get lobong with those NUH students, but on clarifications, was told they dont do cosmetic stuff. Walao. I wonder how Mystix got his lobang. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.