$3.50 for a plate of nasi lemak at changi Pt

yymun

Nov 23, 2003
tanglin
Visit site
hi, will u go for a plate of nasi lemak $3.50 at changi Point?:think:
For myself unlikely!:thumbsd: maybe once a year
because i find it not worth it, the rice and chilli are the same as any where else. only the chicken wing is deep fried on the spot:)
yes the raw foods are getting more expensive nowaday, but most nasi lemak selling in other part of singapore are selling below $3:bsmilie:

did you 加料? Outside a plate with chicken wing n side dish easily fetch $3 already. Changi famous for pretty ladybody. nasi lemak ?

I stay too far away, normally i will go eat the chong pang one but the price is somewhere there as well.

hi, will u go for a plate of nasi lemak $3.50 at changi Point?:think:
For myself unlikely!:thumbsd: maybe once a year
because i find it not worth it, the rice and chilli are the same as any where else. only the chicken wing is deep fried on the spot:)
yes the raw foods are getting more expensive nowaday, but most nasi lemak selling in other part of singapore are selling below $3:bsmilie:

If I'm at Hendon, probably every other day.

If I'm at Pasir Laba, probably never.

$3-50 a plate is daylight robbery! I had mine for $2-50 with egg, ikan billes, peanut, 1 complete chicken wing (cut 2 parts) and lot of nice rice for $2-50.

there is a phenomena locally. seeing more stalls selling bigger portion or adding one prawn or one more fishball or wanton. In this case the exquisite freshly fried chicken wing. Then mark up the price to $3 or $3.50 to justify the extra ingredient. No wonder lunch n dinner in hawker centre or coffee shop is costing more

Ate there, over rated & Q for so long. Nothing special really. :thumbsd:

If I like the food.... don't mind paying even $4.

But if I don't like it.... won't even pay $1.

So it very much depends on you, yourself.... :bsmilie:

just had the chinese version of nasi lemak. the rice was overkill with too much coconut milk.

sometimes more doesn't mean it tastes nicer. it smells nicer. but heck. i felt like i was drinking coconut milk

u mean that long queue one?

hmm last time when i am serving NS and station at Changi Camp (12 years ago...), the nasi lemak is very nice and only cost $2.50 :)

Everyone increase prices nowadays for the reason of increased prices in raw materials. :thumbsd:

Everyone here knows that if they break down this increase into each portion that they sell, it would be peanuts. :(

I stay too far away, normally i will go eat the chong pang one but the price is somewhere there as well.

Chong pang nasi lemak or the hup lee opposite the famous toto 7-11?

I prefer hup lee (1st hup lee in SG if not wrong), taste better than the famous chong pang nasi lemak and slightly cheaper. But now seem to change management and taste very very bad. I'm lost in finding good nasi lemak in north area...

Price is subjective, at Kopitiam, a Nasi lemak set also will cost around there but taste ordinary only....there is one along Kovan, if you do not exercise retraint when picking the ingrediants, it might cost you $4~$5 at the end but they taste good.....In some hotel or restaurant, a plate of nasi lemak can go >$10.....so $3.5 at Changi Pt is still within the affortable range.....hopefully the quality maintain and the Q is not as long :sweat:

Food prices went up in a few places already.

Thanks to oil prices increase, COE and other factors.

It is just a matter of time that the food prices will be like in Australia, usually A$8 for a meal.

Last edited:
pchmj said:
Chong pang nasi lemak or the hup lee opposite the famous toto 7-11?

I prefer hup lee (1st hup lee in SG if not wrong), taste better than the famous chong pang nasi lemak and slightly cheaper. But now seem to change management and taste very very bad. I'm lost in finding good nasi lemak in north area...

Haha I also eat the hup lee one, it's not bad but recently seem to be not up to standard

u mean that long queue one?

hmm last time when i am serving NS and station at Changi Camp (12 years ago...), the nasi lemak is very nice and only cost $2.50 :)

when the old chinatown complex havent undergo renovation, there is a old uncle and auntie selling cheap and delicious nasi lemak.

it doesnt have chicken wing as it raise the cost of nasi lemak. it is a very basic nasi lemak which has 1 X otak, 2 X slice fried egg, Ikan bilis, luncheon meat, Chilli with fragrant nasi lemak rice. is cost me $1.20 / $1.50 only.

they have retired.:(

now price of a plate of nasi lemak rocket up like mad with optional items like sotong ball, fried chicken wing, veg, ... a shrewd way to earn more money