3:2 ratio for developing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mok

Apr 10, 2002
Visit site
I am thinking of getting a fuji s602, but after finding out that the image ratio size is in 4:3, and imagine taking 100+ pics u have to manually crop them into 3:2 to develop sounds absurd.
Any way around this problem?:confused:

You can always let a good lab do it for you, and just crop those for the photos you deem special enough for that "personal touch"

Easiest, fuss-free, no-additional-work-needed way:
1. Go to Colour Lab Photo Finishing at Adelphi.
2. Ask for the "DI" size prints. Currently available only with glossy finish.
3. You will then receive 4:3 prints without any trouble on your part.

Regards
CK

Sorry to sound stupid, but i don't know where adelphi is..
Whats the price for each image? handling fee?
'DI' stand for digital image print? or isit like some other photo labs, fill in squeeze the photo into a 3:2 size photo and they cut of the top white portion for you away.
Or you gus can also give me the website and i'll go check it out myself, no sweat!
Thanks guys.

The problem is u have to crop manually, i tried manual cropping before, its not very efficient. first, the top portion is not always needed to be cropped, sometimes the picture require you to crop the bottom or the sides? so if u batch crop, and u set it to crop the top, some pics will be be cropped incorrectly. then the only way around it is to manually postion the crop square to crop the place u want, there, its very inconvenient.

Originally posted by mok
Sorry to sound stupid, but i don't know where adelphi is..
Whats the price for each image? handling fee?
'DI' stand for digital image print? or isit like some other photo labs, fill in squeeze the photo into a 3:2 size photo and they cut of the top white portion for you away.
Or you gus can also give me the website and i'll go check it out myself, no sweat!
Thanks guys.

Adelphi is the building opposite Funan Centre, linked by an overhead bridge.

Charges are the same as the regular 4R prints, $0.50 with $5 handling fee. It's full frame print, no cropping, cutting done.

Regards
CK

wow, 50 cents per piece..
does standard photo have this service? standard photo charges 30 cents per piece right? anyone here know whats the latest pricing?

Originally posted by mok
wow, 50 cents per piece..
does standard photo have this service? standard photo charges 30 cents per piece right? anyone here know whats the latest pricing?

Standard Photo has "no standard", their quality is apparently inconsistent. After you've spent so much on your digital camera, an spent so much effort taking good photos, why scrimp on printing? :)

Regards
CK

i live in the east you see... funan is a long way... so was thinking of tampines mall or century square nearby.. easier collection of photos.
Why didnt i pass my TP.. ;(

Originally posted by mok
i live in the east you see... funan is a long way... so was thinking of tampines mall or century square nearby.. easier collection of photos.
Why didnt i pass my TP.. ;(

I see. Well, you can try the Photo Finish at Tampines Mall basement. They use a Fuji Frontier machine, should be quite okay (I didn't really try). Ask them to print the images to FIT the 4R (as opposed to FILL, which will crop). You will then end up with prints with 2 white borders at the left/right which you can cut yourself.

From the comments about Standard, the print quality is far too inconsistent - sometimes good, sometimes bad, though they are cheap.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.