2nd try for newbie...pls comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbr3345

Dec 24, 2003
West
went to the zoo last weekend and took some shots.
however upon viewing closer on pc, i realise that the focus is not as sharp and across the board..pls advise

IMG_0090_a.jpg

IMG_0094_a.jpg

IMG_0103_a.jpg

I find the 2nd pic the best, good contrast between subject and background except for another bird at the back but i guess you can't win all the time :)

The 3rd pic is pretty good too, look like a post card. Like the lighting. maybe a bit more of the feet?

What was your aperture and shutter speed for these 2?

the one with the horse is way too overexposed. what did you use?

i'm still trying out the functions n features of 300D thus needed all your kind comments. this outing is done mainly with aperture priority. trying to get the right feel for exposure settings.

ptwong, i like no.2 contrast too however upon closing in at 100% i found the contour outline of subject not well focus..dunno why.
no. 3 was done outside a glass wall.
settings are 1/40 f5 and 1/60 f5 respectively

Spaztik, good point you made. it was the only shot i;ve done with the built in flash. done another w/o and it was terrible..

how can i better do it ar...

cbr3345 said:
i'm still trying out the functions n features of 300D thus needed all your kind comments. this outing is done mainly with aperture priority. trying to get the right feel for exposure settings.

ptwong, i like no.2 contrast too however upon closing in at 100% i found the contour outline of subject not well focus..dunno why.
no. 3 was done outside a glass wall.
settings are 1/40 f5 and 1/60 f5 respectively

Spaztik, good point you made. it was the only shot i;ve done with the built in flash. done another w/o and it was terrible..

how can i better do it ar...
1/40? that's pretty slow leh...handheld i presume? with the 75-300? i would say well done actually :) You might want to up the iso so that the shutter speed can be faster. I'm not too concern about seeing pictures 100% crop because you don't use a magnifying glass to see prints do you? :D well that's just me.

Drop me a pm and we discuss more?

1/40 to 1/60 was too slow if it's handheld. Try to use manual and set the shutter to 1/focal length. Don't worry about underexpose. Your flash will compensate it.
For the last pic, try to focus on the bird's right eye instead of the blue feather.

2 and 3 work for me haha...like the catchlight in the squirrel's eye....got cheeky look..

Status
Not open for further replies.