2nd shot in the night by newbie

cure75

Feb 22, 2010
dsc4900.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Would like feedback on the composition and setting/technique used for this photo.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
show the beautiful night scene of esplanade

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
i was walking along esplanade with my cam trying to improve my skill.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I quite like this pic after i crop it hope i can improve day by day ;p

Last edited:
i like it, it feels balanced.

looks a bit cool in terms of colour temperature though?

Nicely done. Im not pro in night scene though. The strip on the right should get rib. U can try brighter the esplanade by giving longer exposure time to capture more colorful. Try to use remote release if possible. If not just play w the setting to get more than 28-30' im using my mobile to view tis photo so i cant seems to check ur EXIF.
Cheers keep shooting

thanks all sorry abt the strip. it the frame i never do it proberly sorry man
now have get rid of it thanks

Last edited:
sorry wat is blue hr sorry abt that

nicely done.. good exposure. though would prefer that the reflections on the water not be cut off so abruptly.

what aperture did u shoot in?

dsc4900.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Would like feedback on the composition and setting/technique used for this photo.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
show the beautiful night scene of esplanade

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
i was walking along esplanade with my cam trying to improve my skill.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I quite like this pic after i crop it hope i can improve day by day ;p

The ambient lighting condition made the photo appear dull and uninteresting. You need to watch the timing of the shot. Good ambient lighting makes a whole lot of difference because they can add a whole lot of depth to your photos.

ya thanks all will take note of it

sorry wat is blue hr sorry abt that

I didn't hear of the term before. But i guess what he meant is the time where the sky looks blue which is around 7.30pm. Even after the sun has set, if you open the shutter long enough, you will see the blue sky.

645pm-7pm if i am not mistaken.

it varies from period to period.

right now, the sun is setting at 7+, you can google easily for SINGAPORE SUNSET TIMINGS, for up to 40 minutes after that time, or during, depending on your location and what you are shooting, that would be the "blue hour" window period.

as to how long it actually lasts, if you have seen enough golden hours, there is no way to be sure.

oki oki will take note abt that thanks all :)

nicely done.. good exposure. though would prefer that the reflections on the water not be cut off so abruptly.

Hmm ya. Quite true. if full reflections shud be better. Nevertheless its a good night shot in my opinion. LOVE the colours from the reflections, it has cold/warm colour contrast. Nice one!

Nice shot! But if i were you i might make it slightly warmer in colour balance..

Cheers!