2nd Outing to Abandoned Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
I will perhaps organise another outing to abandoned housing estates.

I have just been advised that visiting a *SERS site might require us to get permission from HDB; a SERS building is no longer a public property.

Anyway, do list your name here if you are interested. I will start resourcing with a few help here if the result is encouraging. Maybe Sentosa as well, with her own fairshare of abandoned colonial style houses.

;)

The previous outing, to Seletar West Farmway 6:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=140516

The previous discussion precur to the outing: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139079

*SERS: Selective En-bloc Redevelopment Scheme, where old HDB flats are selected to be vacant within 3 or 4 years and the existing buildings either abandoned or demolished.

What is SERS?

I'm interested, but need to know the time and date.

I am interested as well. :D

Me too preferrably on weekdays... :D

espn said:
Me too preferrably on weekdays... :D
If I am organising, its most likely a weekday. I am reserving weekends for future jobs, hehe. ;p

Klose said:
What is SERS?
SERS is the Selective En-bloc Redevelopment Scheme, where old HDB flats are selected to be vacant within 3 or 4 years and the existing buildings either abandoned or demolished. I thought you should know already? :kok:

That is the case for the Hillview Avenue and Seletar West Farmway 6 HDB flats, abandoned due to SERS. Sembawang Road have a couple of HDB flats abandoned a year or 2 ago, and demolished this year. There are some fresh sites if I am not wrong, but really need more information before organising. :)

Places you guys might wanna check out:

1) Stirling Road Blks 172-175. Status 1 mth ago. Boarding up in progress and metal installed but some not locked as there are still a handful of flats still occupied.

2) Clementi Ave 6 - Cluster of flats beside the Clementi Fire Station. Status Yesterday. Boarding up in progress, looks deserted except for the occasional bamboo pole. In a hurry so forgot to check for metal gates.

I'm interested in the Sentosa ones & those abandoned colonial bungalows...

Geckorian said:

1) Stirling Road Blks 172-175. Status 1 mth ago. Boarding up in progress and metal installed but some not locked as there are still a handful of flats still occupied.

2) Clementi Ave 6 - Cluster of flats beside the Clementi Fire Station. Status Yesterday. Boarding up in progress, looks deserted except for the occasional bamboo pole. In a hurry so forgot to check for metal gates.

Hey thank you for checking out buddy! :lovegrin:

Geckorian said:

Gecko, never tell me? :eek:

Gotta check out Stirling blocks ASAP!!!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hantus.... i dun mind....

but i like pontianaks better... :bsmilie:

Don't tell me that you're one of them?:bsmilie:

I am interested, buten my poly schedule err.....

Status
Not open for further replies.