2nd Macro Shoot at Bukit Panjang

Status
Not open for further replies.

domvonn

Dec 11, 2005
My 2nd attempt at taking macros...good or bad all critics welcome so i can improve more thanx! all using Mfocus..really not easy man !:sweat:

FLy_1A.jpg

Redeyefly_1a.jpg

dragonfly_2a.jpg

dragonfly_1a.jpg

cricket_1a.jpg

Thanx for looking!

Hi,

Nice pictures. Second time only so good!

Think most pictures you achieve very nice background. Also, one thing i notice is that we tend to put the target in the center. I have shot only 1 time and I also doing this. Think its for the ease of focusing. But I dont know whether macro should follow rule of thirds as well.

I love #1, very nice and sharp but only have the bright spots below the insect. Otherwise, PERFECT! hehe. #3 is cool too. I love the stem that the dragonfly is resting on. The composition is nice.

Regards,
tltan

composition wise i though #3 and #4 is good? hee..

which part of bukit panjang? i also live ard here...but nv tot of taking macro here...

All shots suffer from harsh flash light. Try to compensate your flash power, up your ISO or lower your shutter speed with some supports.

Btw, you guys can find these critters everywhere. ;-)

sumball said:
All shots suffer from harsh flash light. Try to compensate your flash power, up your ISO or lower your shutter speed with some supports.

Btw, you guys can find these critters everywhere. ;-)

thanx sumball for your advises, certainly will try on my next shootout, also thanx to all whom commented. Shot these at Bukit panjang/Timah mountain biking trail.
cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.