Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
2004-08-06-sunset.jpg

can't c the 2nd link :bsmilie: but the sun is oh so beautiful. :thumbsup:

Dude from what I see here it is mostly something or some structure very faintly in near twilight. It is not a monitor calbration on my end here as this monitor has been set for about plus on for a full gray scale display. The egg yolk sun is nice. Maybe you want to rethink the tittle. I do not think at the moment in form you are present that this works.

hi sehsuan,

Beautiful shot! I tried capturing sunset shots similar to yours but failed miserably. How did u get the 'define' shape of the sun.

I used partial metering, tried taking the metering from the different parts of the sky and sun but still, the sun came out as a 'lump' of light instead of defined shape like yours..

Care to share ya settings? any guidance?

uh... actually, i was using evaluative metering, then i dialed down for -EV :D

settings are: f/7.1, ISO200, 1/160s, Av mode.

personally this is my first time shooting sunset, so i was damned lucky to have the defined shape of the sun :D

very slightly tweaked in the midtones though :)

sehsuan said:
uh... actually, i was using evaluative metering, then i dialed down for -EV :D

settings are: f/7.1, ISO200, 1/160s, Av mode.

personally this is my first time shooting sunset, so i was damned lucky to have the defined shape of the sun :D

very slightly tweaked in the midtones though :)

Ahh, thanks for sharing ya settings! Gonna try it out when the sun sets again! ;)

no problem. but i suggest using Av mode, since as the sun sets, you'd have lesser light, and you might want to try bracketing too. i should have done a f/8 to f/11 shot instead for deeper DOF... :embrass:

and most important of all... find a spot where you can have a view of the setting sun! :bsmilie:

sehsuan said:
no problem. but i suggest using Av mode, since as the sun sets, you'd have lesser light, and you might want to try bracketing too. i should have done a f/8 to f/11 shot instead for deeper DOF... :embrass:

and most important of all... find a spot where you can have a view of the setting sun! :bsmilie:

Right, hopefully i can try today and post up later..

Haha, i shall start off with my room cos from my room, i can see the sunset pretty well.

Thanks again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.