2nd hand SLRs at Cash converters

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyyn

Deregistered
May 11, 2006
hi.. saw some 2nd hand 35mm SLR's in Cash converters wonderin' if I should get my cam from there for from the shop near Cathay can give me some advice? I am gettin an Elan II or a EOS 500N

lots of love for photography,
kevyyn

Do yourself a favour and get it from the 2nd hand shops in Peninsular!
The people are cash converter know nuts about cameras and they just place the cam in a cabinet which is so dirty and dusty!
You can get other stuff from CC but not cameras imo..unless you wanna send the cam for cleaning. :p

Yeah the one at Tampines is the same. Some of the lens there I think got fungus. You better think twice before buying there.

Not to mention the knives there are razor sharp;) :bsmilie:

thanks for the advice :) just what I needed ;) I think I shall get from the Cathay there de.. thanks guys! btw.. anyone shooting film here?

kevyyn said:
thanks for the advice :) just what I needed ;) I think I shall get from the Cathay there de.. thanks guys! btw.. anyone shooting film here?

Since you're going to Cathay go up one floor and look for K13 marketing they sell second hand cameras there.

kevyyn said:
hi.. saw some 2nd hand 35mm SLR's in Cash converters wonderin' if I should get my cam from there for from the shop near Cathay can give me some advice? I am gettin an Elan II or a EOS 500N

lots of love for photography,
kevyyn

Check out the Buy n Sell here on CS. I think there are people selling the EOS 30 and the 650 around.

I even saw a 20D selling for SGD1800 at AMK. They just leave the camera in the dusty shelf. I think CS B&S would have a better offer. Other stuff is OK but I wont buy cameras from them.

haa haa, step in once, walk around, came out telling myself wont come again.

but thats me lah....

i buy all my stuff here in BnS or in those recommended shops.

i think here ppl take care of their stuff quite well

NEVER buy cams from cash converters. Look at the way of how they store the cams...if u buy it, u'll definitely regret it.

P&G Photographic Centre, The Adelphi #B1-04, David 68370696

say i 'ronald', recommended you to go there. his shop has much better quality SLRs

Agree, look in B&S for good deals ... anyway, a lot of film cameras are being released by their owners ... u can even get an EOS 1 pro camera for $300++ ...

kevyyn said:

There are many threads talking about film users and who they are. You can find a more comprehensive list of film users there.

kevyyn said:

I used to shoot film but recently switched to digital. Sad to say that quality of digital still can't beat the slide films.

I think TCW at peninsula also sells 2nd hand cams.

Snoweagle said:
TCW is at Peninsular Shopping Centre. It does sell a lot of 2nd hand cams. :)
But the price for their 2nd hand lenses is quite high. I don't know whether we can bargain on 2nd hand items. Anyone can give advise?

Thanks!

Regards,
Arto.

i wouldn't really knock cash converters for cheap gear. about 3 years ago, got two minolta X-700 cameras, one with a 50mm f1.4 (a bit of dust but no fungus) the other with the 35-70 f3.5 zoom (clean), each set cost me $90, still using them today, haven't had any problems with either. (did have to replace the bump foam for the mirron in one body and that's about it.)

other gems were electro 35 GSN's and GTN's, cheap at $20 - $50, some clean, some for parts. best buy was a $25 Nikkor 105 f2.5 AIS lens (clean and crisp) but that one was a very, very rare occurance.

just remember, buyer beware, there's a lot of junk in there, look carefuly and be prepared to get disappointed.

CC sometimes dun even hav body front cover..

Artosoft said:
But the price for their 2nd hand lenses is quite high. I don't know whether we can bargain on 2nd hand items. Anyone can give advise?

Thanks!

Regards,
Arto.

Bargain may be a bit hard for TCW as their prices are indeed rather high. I would suggest getting it from the B&S section here.

Status
Not open for further replies.