2nd hand D700 or brank new ?.

labuboy

Dec 23, 2008
Hi comrades ,

I am intending to upgrade my DSLR camera to a D700. I am contemplating hither to get a used one or brand new .

I am ok with used lenses but body wise I am not sure . Any advise ?.

Brand new... Unless you can get a d700 less than 2k

usually the issue lies within warranty, it's personal preference..
as long as they function well it doesn't matter actually

A used D3?

if it's worth the saving why not?

if brand new price and 2nd hand price got very little different might as well get a brand new set =)..

it's totally up to you.

hope you can find a good deal

luckyorange said:
if it's worth the saving why not?

if brand new price and 2nd hand price got very little different might as well get a brand new set =)..

it's totally up to you.

hope you can find a good deal

Agree.

Brand new is about 3k.

2nd hand is from 2.2k - 2.5k...

In that case get brand new set

It's all a matter of luck if you want to buy 2nd hand. You need to find a good condition dSLR at a reasonable price.

Buying new will provide you will certain assurance, at a premium.

Luck plays a big part I suppose.
To me, if savings vs brand new are around 25% or greater, and everything works and looks fine (I don't expect mint condition), that is good enough for me.
Current D700 2nd hand prices don't seem that attractive (to me) though.

is $2400 with shutter around 2k worth it?

imho this price is decent, though not particularly wonderful.
If the camera is out of warranty, then should anything go wrong with the camera your recourse is to suck thumb and pay for repairs :)
If you're lucky, then you've gotten a practically new (and hopefully problem-free) camera for a sizable discount off the local street pricing for new set.

$2300 for a condition 10 set with full accessories is a fair price to pay, but noting to write home about.

Those above $2400 all not worth it - better to buy new.

Well if you can find one that's well taken care of for 2.3-2.5k you should go for it. Honestly warranty, it's good to have but the chances of you having to use it are slim. I sold my almost 2 year old D700 for 2.3k, SC was at 14k. The camera was very well maintained. If you want to get a secondhand D700 make sure you look for one that's in good condition, it most certainly would help if the original owner took really great care of it.

Brand new from somewhere else except out motherland. Things are over priced here. you pay 2.3k for a pre-owned, might as well pay ard that figure or even less for a new overseas set . :) this is what I will do if i am getting a d700. you make your choice what you want, and need, and where your priorities are .

do you have any realiable/popular shops that i can call and check in JB/KL? address? thanks

Get a new set from JB or KL if they are still available. What so secretive about this "somewhere else except our motherland?"

DinoSG said:
do you have any realiable/popular shops that i can call and check in JB/KL? address? thanks

Visit nikon Malaysia website and choose on where to buy?
All the answer is there.
I can suggest you go angsana there have a lots camera shop.