2D1N Trip to Kuala Lumpur Sentral by KTM train from 21-22 May 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleonbus

Deregistered
Nov 18, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

Did a trip to KL Sentral last week and i will be doing it again in May.We will be taking the KTM train from Singapore to KL for a afternoon-night shoot and back to Singapore the next morning.

Timeline for reference:

20/5:

9.30pm-Meet at Tanjong Pagar Railway Station
10pm-Board Senandung Sutera(Train 24)
10.30pm-Depart Tanjong Pagar for KL Sentral

21/5:

6.30am*-Reach KL
8am-4pm-Walk and shoot around KL Sentral/Batu Caves/Old KL Railway Stn
5-8pm-Night shoot at Petronas Twin Towers(KL City Centre)
10.30pm-Board Senandung Sutera(Train 25)
11pm-Depart KL Sentral for Tanjong Pagar

22/5

7am*-Reach Singapore
8am-Breakfast and bye bye

*Trains are expected to have delays,therefore arrival timing is not accurate

For both train rides,it will be the second class deluxe sleeper(ADNS).There is a choice of upper decker bed or lower decker bed.Ticket prices as follows:

S$40 for the upper decker berth which is smaller than the lower berths(Quite small and is definitely not suitable for fat people)
S$46 for the lower decker berth which is slightly bigger than the upper berth

Above prices are for 1-way trip only.

So for those who wants to come,you'll need to pay me the money(Sing dollars) in advance.This amount can be paid by meetup or DBS bank transfer.However,if you back out after i've booked the tickets,your money will NOT be refunded unless someone is willing to take over your slot...

Please remember to renew your passport if yours isn't renewed.A tripod will be required for this outing as there is a night shoot.ALL ARE WELCOME:)

This outing is limited to the 1st 8 who signs up with me.To sign up,please PM me with your name,contact and your choice of bed(Lower or upper).Any questions,feel free to PM me or ask here:)

Cheers!

Last edited:
beware of "gunman".

A Singaporean family travelling home from Malaysia on a Malayan Railway (KTM) train last Thursday thought their lives were in peril when a gunman boarded the train and threatened passengers.

They found out later that the ambush was part of an army training exercise.

The New Paper reported that Mr Peter Tan, 50, his wife Yvonne Ong, 40, and their four-year-old son Chun Xiang had boarded a KTM train in Pahang state at 2.45pm after visiting relatives.

The train was approaching Gemas Railway Station in Negeri Sembilan state at around 6pm when a man wearing a blond wig and sunglasses entered the carriage the family was in.

He then pointed a gun at the roof and shouted in Malay for passengers to place their hands behind their heads. At one point, the gunman pointed his firearm at Mr Tan's head.

'I initially thought that it was a robbery and I was prepared to give him everything for the safety of my family,' Mr Tan, an electrician, told The New Paper.

'But when the gun was pointed at me, my mind went blank.

'I was trembling and afraid that he would open fire. I will never forget that moment.'

The gunman ran off the train when it stopped at the station. Mr Tan said four soldiers dressed in full protective gear entered the train minutes later and appeared to be searching for the gunman.

Passengers realised it was an army exercise only when they saw the gunman chatting with army officers later.

Mr Tan and his wife said passengers did not receive any explanation after the incident or any announcements prior to it.

A KTM spokesman confirmed with The New Paper that the Malaysian army had conducted an annual exercise during that time. He said passengers were not informed in advance so as to make the exercise as realistic as possible, and apologised for not notifying them.

A spokesman for the Malaysian Ministry of Defence said the exercise was not announced to the public because it involved special forces and commandos. He added that no one was hurt in the exercise and no official complaint was lodged.

Update:

Currently have 1 other guy interested,but will only go if there's more than 3:)

I am interested but I could only reply you whether I can join or not by 17 May... Is it too late?

I am interested but I could only reply you whether I can join or not by 17 May... Is it too late?

It is definitely too late because tickets might be fully booked by then..

newbie can join?!!

i want to join, but can i give u confirmation on sat outing, i will be there ;)

Please note that there is a new plan for this trip.Please refer to the 1st post or PM me for more info:)

Hi,

i tried checking the tickets online at the KTM website but there seems to be no train rides for 21 may. the last is on the 15th i believe..

may i ask where are you booking your tics from? i was planning on a trip for quite some time..

I have sent a sms to the 3 who have expressed interest.Sign ups will close on Friday:)

Last edited:
Hi,

i tried checking the tickets online at the KTM website but there seems to be no train rides for 21 may. the last is on the 15th i believe..

may i ask where are you booking your tics from? i was planning on a trip for quite some time..

The last train from Tanjong Pagar is on the 30th June 2011 10.30pm to KLS.You can book from any KTM ticket counter...

Thanks to all who have signed up for this outing.I have booked our tickets already and will be sending a sms/PM to you soon regarding more details on this trip.Thread closed:)

Status
Not open for further replies.