2D 1 N in HK

Status
Not open for further replies.

stnicholas81

Apr 14, 2005
Singapore
stnicholas81a.blogspot.com
Hi Mods,
Not really sure where to post this thus i post it here, please move to relevant section if needed =).

Need advises on bros and sis here, I will be going to Hong Kong next week for a business trip. As there will be R&R through my own expense during the weekend, will really like to know what I can do in 2 days and 1 night. (doing street and scenic photog, forget about shopping! as photographs are something money cant really buy haha...) Not very familiar with HK as this is my 2nd time there, the first was 10 years ago!

Thanks for all the help in advance, would be great if someone could share a similar experience. Will be bringing my Nikon D80, kit lens with 50mm F1.8D, Bessa R2M with 50mm Heliar, 35mm F1.7 Ultron and my trusty Holga. Until then, wait for my (cannot make it) pics.

Rgds,
Nic

i think the place that all ppl will recommend is "the peak" at the top of the mountain, pretty nice view of hongkong from the top...

then there is the disneyland, can go there to shoot mickey and minnie.

then u can take a train go mongkok, go there to shoot the neon signboards.... and to shoot the streets that are super uber crowded with ppl... and to perhaps shoot the food over there, be it in the restaurants or the food u bought from the street stalls.

Do take a close look at the shops though, many of them sell unique things that u cant find in singapore. U can stealthily shoot them.

Of course u can shoot the mrt. And better still, take a stopwatch and time how long does it take for trains to come. Give u a tip: Time the time it takes for the train to arrive during peak hour :)
non-peak period at most wait 1-2 mins, peak hour u imagine :)
After come back from hongkong, u will be cursing and swearing wat the heck is smrt doing? charge us same price as hongkong but at 1/10 of their service?
By the way, take picture of the signboard of the train fare stages, to let the ppl know that singapore tpt fee is 90% close to hongkong BUT yet their train travel LONGER distance and the train that go to hongkong island got to travel under the sea..

And of course there is the zoo and birdpark, which i cant convince my friends to go with me the other time i went....so in the end i never go...but nevermind next time i will go myself!

And of course since u are in clubsnap, i m sure u are interested in camera and lens rite? go and tour at the camera shops there in hongkong and be amazed at the price they are selling their stuffs. Take a pic of the price tag and show it to nikon singapore and canon singapore and ask them to wake up their idea.

Another thing famous(though personally i think its rubbish) is the HUGE jumbo seafood restaurant that is on a boat. Take a pic of it so as to show ur relatives u have been to hongkong.

Then u go to the "tong luo wan", there u can see the hong kong's beach and take a picture of it. HK is an urban city, and its rare to see the sea. And dun forget, there is a hotel next to the beach that has a very very unique shape. Dun tell u wat shape is it :p

And btw, when u are leaving the airport to hongkong or going from hk to the airport, u got to travel on ur tour bus across a LONG LONG suspension bridge, "TSING MA DA QIAO" Take a picture of that too!

But i seriously think if u go HK, no matter the time how short, go and try out their food..... at least grab some food and eat as u walk.

and as for shopping, if go HK nv shop = nv been HK! MUST shop !!!!! ok here's the thumb of rule: In hongkong, their shopping items are in general much cheaper than singapore. Eg. giordano, baleno, nikon, canon, olympus, levis, nike, nalgene, addidas etc etc... Go there grab all these things while u can!!! I spend over $3k on my trip on shopping, u should spend more!!!

Food wise, they are at least as expensive as singapore meaning most of the time more expensive.

Hi Mods,
Not really sure where to post this thus i post it here, please move to relevant section if needed =).

Need advises on bros and sis here, I will be going to Hong Kong next week for a business trip. As there will be R&R through my own expense during the weekend, will really like to know what I can do in 2 days and 1 night. (doing street and scenic photog, forget about shopping! as photographs are something money cant really buy haha...) Not very familiar with HK as this is my 2nd time there, the first was 10 years ago!

Thanks for all the help in advance, would be great if someone could share a similar experience. Will be bringing my Nikon D80, kit lens with 50mm F1.8D, Bessa R2M with 50mm Heliar, 35mm F1.7 Ultron and my trusty Holga. Until then, wait for my (cannot make it) pics.

Rgds,
Nic

oh wait! where is tripod? HK nite view is :thumbsup: .. Enjoy ur trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.