2am darkness in Japan (Osaka)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denn23

Dec 22, 2003

Hello,

Just played with my new SLR.

anyways, the pic was taken at like 2am in the morning in Japan. it was cold COLD so I was trying to keep my hand steady. no tripod used.

I have another pic that is edited.

(this pic not photoshopped)

Feedback please.. Would love to post the other one up but the rules said 1 pic per post. =/

thanks all!

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Hmm, personally, cannot really "feel" the darkness because of the bright orange light. Are you shooting beside a car with the headlights on? Hmm, there are some noise, i guess u are shooting at iso 400 and above because you are not using a tripod?
If possible, turn the headlights off and shoot with a tripod. When the headlight is off, i am kinda sure your ISO will need to go higher, meaning more noise.

But then, i must say your hands are very steady~ Good attempt man~ :)

Oct 21, 2007
Singapore - bedok
Cool bro. i was in japan in dec... i was at mt fuji. and walked out ah like 11pm in just yukata. which is like a dress ( just 1 thin cloth ) and my legs are exposed ... so pratically i went out wearing my undies and 1 long cloth... haha freezing. and i shot this - click here

haha ... i am mad to go out in yukata but lazy to change back to clothes and jacket after getting in to the yukata

Oct 21, 2007
Singapore - bedok
ah the bigger size of the image has bee removed ... all you get to see is that small one in the link

BTW. hmmm i think taking at the tracks on the right will be nicer? cose its darker. and place ur SLR on the raillings for it to act like a tripod yea?

denn23

Dec 22, 2003
Hmm, personally, cannot really "feel" the darkness because of the bright orange light. Are you shooting beside a car with the headlights on? Hmm, there are some noise, i guess u are shooting at iso 400 and above because you are not using a tripod?
If possible, turn the headlights off and shoot with a tripod. When the headlight is off, i am kinda sure your ISO will need to go higher, meaning more noise.

But then, i must say your hands are very steady~ Good attempt man~ :)

its was actually VERY dark.. so i tried to make use of the lights around me (i.e. street lamps, hanging lanterns, the moon, etc).

u mentioned there is abit of noise but if i turn the headlight off, like u said.. more noise.

but that bad isnt it?

so how?

Also, thanks for the encouragement about the steady hand w/o tripod.. it was REALLY tough cause it was cold and the hands were shivering..

btw, saw your pics.. nice.

denn23

Dec 22, 2003
ah the bigger size of the image has bee removed ... all you get to see is that small one in the link

BTW. hmmm i think taking at the tracks on the right will be nicer? cose its darker. and place ur SLR on the raillings for it to act like a tripod yea?
actually, i have another pic closer to the railing.. but i thought ill create another post since its 1 pic per post..

denn23

Dec 22, 2003
there are a lot of other places around Osaka that you can take with a better effect.
haha.. yea.. and during the day too. have a few more

comments pls

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom