29th Oct Shoot - Sexy Hip-Hop Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravemaid

Aug 3, 2005
Central
www.heliosmediadesign.com
Hi to all again and thanks for the comments and OT on my previous post. As this is my debut shoot, this will be a promotional price.

Theme: An exclusive shoot for 1 photographer to 2 models. The photographer gets to shoot both dancers performing simultaneously and spontaneously or according to their direction. The girls will groove to rythmic Hip-Hop beats while the photographer captures their passion and sensuality in unique camera angles.

Models: Lovynn & Yi Jie, professional performance artistes of Singapore's leading Hip-Hop dance company, The iLLers inc. having performed for MTV Asia, Singtel, Funkamania, Nike and are sponsored by the Adidas Hip-Hop range of products.

lovynn_01.jpg

yijie_01.jpg

Outfits: Mini skirts, boots, Mid-riffs, and lots of BLING BLING! (professional hair & makeup
artist provided)

Date: 29th October (Saturday)

Time:
3pm-4pm (Slot 1)
4pm-5pm (Slot 2)
5pm-6pm (Slot 3)

Cost: $120 per photographer

Slots: 6 slots available (2 photographers to each slot)

Refreshments and snacks WILL be provided

Please PM me to reserve your slot (1st come 1st serve). Kindly include your name, CS nick, handphone number and specify the timeslot you would like to apply for. All payments should be made before 27th Oct (thurs) through POSB bank transfer. Further payment details will be disclosed to confirmed participants only.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you guys at the shoot!

Loverly,
Lydia

Hihi....

From an organiser point of view, my advice to you is :

1. You need to adjust your timing. You are charging $120 per hour ???

2. I am not trying to work out the sums but do you mean total of 6 photographers in 3 slots ???? or same photographers for 3 slots ???? I think u meant the former ?

3. Do you mean a photographer only gets to shoot 30 mins per model ??? I think u meant that if I did not read your post wrongly. You will probably need to explain if there is a change of outfits ??? how many within that 30 mins ??? or none at all ???

Anyway, all the best in your shoot !!!! If you need any further advice, just drop us a PM :)

oops... silly me...I must be too tired or sleepy...you did explain how the shoot is going to be ;p

you can ignore my post as i cant edit it

Why would you think she needs advice?

This is not a standard CS "10 photographers mindlessly shooting one model" kind of shoot.... She already said in a prev thread that she's a pro and she wants to work with pros.

The models look professional, and if they can really hip hop, then they are professional dancers as well.

$120 for one hour incl. studio time, instead of $40 for 3 hours with 9 other photographers jostling with you at an outdoor location, is a good deal if you are really seeking to add to your portfolio.

However, if you're an amateur who just wants to add another pretty face to your collection of RAW's/JPG's, this is not a good deal.

Having said the above, I think that the price is a little high. The question is, are there pros out there who really need to add some hip-hop dancers to their portfolios and are willing to pay $120 for the privilege? How does shooting hip-hop dancers add value to a pro's portfolio-- certainly not for the wedding photographer, not for the product photographer, nor the corporate, nor the photojournalist, etc. How big is your target market?

Wai Leong
===
AhV said:
Hihi....

From an organiser point of view, my advice to you is :

1. You need to adjust your timing. You are charging $120 per hour ???

2. I am not trying to work out the sums but do you mean total of 6 photographers in 3 slots ???? or same photographers for 3 slots ???? I think u meant the former ?

3. Do you mean a photographer only gets to shoot 30 mins per model ??? I think u meant that if I did not read your post wrongly. You will probably need to explain if there is a change of outfits ??? how many within that 30 mins ??? or none at all ???

Anyway, all the best in your shoot !!!! If you need any further advice, just drop us a PM :)

waileong said:
Why would you think she needs advice?

You answered it yourself later in your post. Pricing is off (more on that later) and marketing strategy is wrong.

waileong said:
This is not a standard CS "10 photographers mindlessly shooting one model" kind of shoot.... She already said in a prev thread that she's a pro and she wants to work with pros.

I couldn't find the exact quote you were referring to, but let's say I just over looked and you quoted correctly, not a good idea to tell your customers that they had been shooting mindlessly. Beside, very rarely will there be more than 6 photogs shooting, never been on one with 10 before. the referrence to pros, well, I guess that means if I want to shoot, I am not welcome. oh well, great marketing strategy.

waileong said:
The models look professional, and if they can really hip hop, then they are professional dancers as well.

$120 for one hour incl. studio time, instead of $40 for 3 hours with 9 other photographers jostling with you at an outdoor location, is a good deal if you are really seeking to add to your portfolio.

However, if you're an amateur who just wants to add another pretty face to your collection of RAW's/JPG's, this is not a good deal.

Having said the above, I think that the price is a little high. The question is, are there pros out there who really need to add some hip-hop dancers to their portfolios and are willing to pay $120 for the privilege? How does shooting hip-hop dancers add value to a pro's portfolio-- certainly not for the wedding photographer, not for the product photographer, nor the corporate, nor the photojournalist, etc. How big is your target market?

Wai Leong
===
Pricing for this shoot is high. Typical studio shoot organised by some of the most established organisers charge $80-$120 for 3 to 4 hours, with 6 photogs. These organisers have excellent track records. Our OP here does not. We have no idea what the model can do. Dancers do not necessarily means they are good models.

guys, instead of discussing about the pricing here, why not just kindly let her know via PM?

bigfatfish said:
guys, instead of discussing about the pricing here, why not just kindly let her know via PM?
and why? Is talking about the price charged for this shoot something unmentionable? Here on CS, there are so many discussion regarding prices, what is so different with this one?

Caspere said:
Maybe becos this is not your thread.

Start one yourself to talk about it.
That is about the most absurd remark heard recently. First of all, this is not a private forum, there is no such thing here on CS. This is a public forum. Also, the comments raised by many people applies to the OP. Where else should the comments be posted except here???

Deadpoet said:
That is about the most absurd remark heard recently. First of all, this is not a private forum, there is no such thing here on CS. This is a public forum. Also, the comments raised by many people applies to the OP. Where else should the comments be posted except here???

Looks like you have a problem, No You Definite Have a Problem You are either too egoistic, a self conceited proud person or one who thinks he/she is almighty.

I have followed your posts in both threads started by gravemaid regarding her proposed organised shoot. You followed her to this new post and keep giving your negative opinions.

You either want to join in the shoot or keep you opinions to yourself. Don't create any ill feelings for other people. If you have a problem with yourself, go bang your head against a wall and get some relief from there.

If you think the fee is too high, then shut up and leave the thread alone. Having no track records does not mean the organiser is not capable and will not be able to conduct a good shoot.

From your posts, talking about orgainiser having good track records. One can tell that you are the type of person who is not willing to give a chance to those who are young, new and wanting to start out.

Everyone starts somewhere, I don't how good you are at photography and how stunning shots you are able to produce. You may be a pro/semi pro or whatever, you were not born with a camera in your hand, you started somewhere, learnt along the way to get to this day.

So give someone else a chance to make it out. I doubt you are one of those yellow ribbon supporters.

Like you said this is a public forum, so I'm not keeping the above to myself and wrote this to let you know what I and/or some people think of you.

I can go on, but enough said ... I sick of your posts.

nokin said:
Looks like you have a problem, No You Definite Have a Problem You are either too egoistic, a self conceited proud person or one who thinks he/she is almighty.

NO, you are wrong. I dont have a problem, I have many problems. One of them is I don't mince words, I call things as it is, and another is that I am not afraid to say what on my mind! Are you?

nokin said:
I have followed your posts in both threads started by gravemaid regarding her proposed organised shoot. You followed her to this new post and keep giving your negative opinions.

You either want to join in the shoot or keep you opinions to yourself. Don't create any ill feelings for other people. If you have a problem with yourself, go bang your head against a wall and get some relief from there.

Thanks for spending the time following me all through the forum. I will not comment on what was said elsewhere, enough had been said about it. Here, on this post, I think Gravemaid is charging too much. Is it wrong? We in CS frequently talked about this shop charging too much selling the same merchandise when compare to that shop. If that is ok, why cant we talk about an organiser charging too much?

nokin said:
If you think the fee is too high, then shut up and leave the thread alone.

Why can't I ask that question? Are you related to the organiser? if so, your comments are biased. If not, I ask again, why can't I say the orgainiser is charge too much?

nokin said:
Having no track records does not mean the organiser is not capable and will not be able to conduct a good shoot.

You are right, she may pull it off. Will you guaranty it! She never did it before, but may be capable, and will be able to make it? And you will guaranty right? If not, then, we are back to square one, you too do not have the confident that she can pul it off.

nokin said:
From your posts, talking about orgainiser having good track records. One can tell that you are the type of person who is not willing to give a chance to those who are young, new and wanting to start out.

Everyone starts somewhere, I don't how good you are at photography and how stunning shots you are able to produce. You may be a pro/semi pro or whatever, you were not born with a camera in your hand, you started somewhere, learnt along the way to get to this day.

So give someone else a chance to make it out. I doubt you are one of those yellow ribbon supporters.

We all give people chances. Newbie photographers wanted to break into the market, they give their services free, work as PA, work as back up photographer, and move on up the food chain. This world is not a charity. We all have to earn our wings. Gravemaid was given a warm welcome in the beginning. I am sure many will join. but as an organiser with no track record, she is charging premium price. That is where the whole thing kind of screeched to a halt.

nokin said:
Like you said this is a public forum, so I'm not keeping the above to myself and wrote this to let you know what I and/or some people think of you.

I can go on, but enough said ... I sick of your posts.

You can't even say it to me straight, facing me. You have to bring in other people. I really don't care how you think about me. Inconsequential. I will continue to say how I feel about things and issues, and continue to be as direct as I had always been.

Are you sick? And I caused it? Good!

guys... can we have some peace?

The way i see it, as an organiser, Gravemaid has every right to fix whatever price she think is correct. If she wants to make it S$500/pax, as long as the photographer is willing to pay, it's already not overpaid as far as the economics of demand and supply is concerned.

As for Deadpoet, i think i shall give you the benefit of the doubt that you are trying to highlight how u feel about the shoot for the benefit of other photographers. Since u have already given your advice, i think it's enough for now and we should respect Gravemaid and let her do the organising. Should the shoot did not proceed due to the lack of response or whatever reasons, i believe Gravemaid will adjust the price,model or whatever to make it a success for future shoots.

Peace!

Catch no ball leh... :dunno:

Pro Image said:
Guys,

I do not see this will benefit Lydia aka Gravemaid.

Hmm so much OT in this thread. This thread wont last long. My condolences to Lydia (Gravemaid).

+1 before lock.

p/s: Respect other people`s threads in an open forum. Got an argument, bring it somewhere else. :)

First Gravemaid, sorry for the OT. Actually I have a comment and a suggestion to all:

1) COMMENT :Ever heard of Willing Buyer, Willing Seller? i.e. I can organise a shoot at $400 per photog per hour shooting the "worst" model. Consider it Niche Marketing. If you want to join in, join in. If you feel the pricing, model, organiser is not to your satisfaction, stay away. Market forces (demand and supply) will determine if the shoot can go on.

2) SUGGESTION : If people want to discuss what is a good price, what is a good organised shoot including this particular thread of mine, i think the KOPITIAM/NEWBIE thread is a better place. [mod, pls shift my post to Kopitiam]

Deadpoet said:
and why? Is talking about the price charged for this shoot something unmentionable? Here on CS, there are so many discussion regarding prices, what is so different with this one?

What you are doing is tantamount to price-crashing a thread in the Buy & Sell forum, which is a no-no according to Clubsnap guidelines.

Lydia.

I suggest you close this thread and start another one. All these posts had made things rather messy for the simple purpose of organising a photoshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.