28th Jan Outdoor Shoot - Bell & Sherrie


Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyftk

New Member
Jun 24, 2005
694
0
0
32
Eastern Singapore
#1
Yep, it's my first attempt at organising a shoot so forgive me if I overlook anything... ;)

Date: 28-01-2006 (Sat)

Time: 1000hrs - 1500hrs

Theme: Casual / Fun in the sun

Location: Classified (Only released upon confirmation of payment received)

Models: Bell & Sherrie (Pics at the bottom)

Cost: $80 / person (Early bird special: $70)

Target: 6 photographers +1 or 2 max

Payment: Transfer to UOB account 301-372-347-6.

Other: Early bird offer will close on 18th Jan 2006 at 2359hrs

Please make an indication of your identity when making the transfer. I shall not be liable if I cannot identify the origin of payment if insufficient details are provided. Upon successful transfer, please PM or email me at angeloflight_85@hotmail.com, stating the following:

Name
CS Nick
Email
Contact
Any other form of identification used in the transfer.


Please be advised to retain all transaction receipts in the invent that any discrepencies should arise.

So, sign up quick and hope to see ya there...



Don't critique these pics else I'll knock your head... :bsmilie:

Bell


Sherrie


 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#2
Where are you intending to shoot? The mid day sun/light will be very unforgiving.
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#3
Yup, I second what DP is saying. There are certain hours of the day which you should avoid :think:
 

jeremyftk

New Member
Jun 24, 2005
694
0
0
32
Eastern Singapore
#5
AhV said:
Yup, I second what DP is saying. There are certain hours of the day which you should avoid :think:
Well... Avoid what? Maybe I should clarify that the reason I say outdoor is because it's not a studio shoot. Does that answer your question
 

grantyale

Senior Member
Oct 4, 2004
1,798
0
36
Bedok
#6
DP was saying mid-day sunlight can be less than ideal when shooting outdoor portraits. You might want to clarify on this instead of being defensive.
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#7
jeremyftk said:
Well... Avoid what? Maybe I should clarify that the reason I say outdoor is because it's not a studio shoot. Does that answer your question

hey dude, dun ve to be so snappy....we know you are organising an outdoor shoot and your first too. We are suggesting to you to re-look at your timing. We are only trying to help. I have done enuff shoots in and out of this forum. If you dun believe us, go and find out why from others ( get a second opinion ) if you think we are out to 'kill' your shoot.

If you still feel strongly about my advice, I will not bother to comment on your shoots anymore. You need to lighten up, dude :)

Keep shooting !
 

jeremyftk

New Member
Jun 24, 2005
694
0
0
32
Eastern Singapore
#8
Not snappy lah... My stoopid touchpad on my laptop screw up lah... So I didn't manage to finish posting...

Anyway, I set the time in this way cos I'm not sure if the guys wanna go out shooting so early. But IF everyone is ok, then I can prob move the time slot forward...
 

bellkua

New Member
Oct 10, 2005
12
0
0
#10
jeremy. i appreciate the offer to oragnise an outing for me and sherrie. however, if this is going to be the case, i would rather put up the ad myself. at least i would be polite about it. please take down the pictures. i feel kinda embarrassed. thanks
 

Yawoo

Deregistered
Aug 6, 2004
707
0
0
nowhere
#11
on the 28th...:eek: :eek: :eek: ... very funnu la... cos @ this point of time whereby we are very busy preparing for our CNY... somemore it's on the eve:eek: :eek:
 

waileong

Deregistered
Feb 5, 2003
2,519
0
0
Visit site
#12
1. If you don't know why it's not a good time to shoot at noon, you better search some basic photography books for answers (hint: harsh light)

2. If you are so sensitive, you'd better find another line of hobby/work.

Wai Leong
===
jeremyftk said:
Are you planning to sign up? If not just keep your comments to yourself thank you.
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#13
bellkua said:
jeremy. i appreciate the offer to oragnise an outing for me and sherrie. however, if this is going to be the case, i would rather put up the ad myself. at least i would be polite about it. please take down the pictures. i feel kinda embarrassed. thanks
This is getting interesting! Am I correct to think that the organiser/Op and the models are on very different pages regarding this shoot?
 

bellkua

New Member
Oct 10, 2005
12
0
0
#14
Deadpoet said:
This is getting interesting! Am I correct to think that the organiser/Op and the models are on very different pages regarding this shoot?
not on very different pages. i just think that if he is going to be so rude about it then i rather not do it. :)
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#15
Just a kind note from me, I don't like to comment much but as photographers, if one wants to get the shot, they have to meet the timing, not sleep till late then wake up and get the shot.

After 11, the weather is terrible and I think the other commentors have their comments as food for thought, if people sign up, they adhere to the timings for the sake of everybody, for Bell, for Sherrie, and for themselves + weather.

You definitely WON'T see bird shooters sleep until 10, then go get their shots. They get up as early as 4am or even earlier, just to travel 2 hours to get there to shoot 5mins.

Think about it.
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#16
bellkua said:
not on very different pages. i just think that if he is going to be so rude about it then i rather not do it. :)
Nevermind... come, shoot with you, 1-1. :D
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#18
jOhO said:
hahahaha.. i'm quite amused..

espn.. why so selfish..1 vs 1 only, then the rest of us bros how? :cry:
Hehe... sorry... lately been into the 1-1 mood, more quality time + quality shots + time to think before shoot and can do a lot of different things... heehee...

You ownself shoot Jas also bo jio... don't say you lah... lately nikonsiao also.. follow your footsteps liao. So it's time I did too :D
 

jOhO

Senior Member
Apr 20, 2003
6,485
0
0
42
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
#19
espn said:
Hehe... sorry... lately been into the 1-1 mood, more quality time + quality shots + time to think before shoot and can do a lot of different things... heehee...

You ownself shoot Jas also bo jio... don't say you lah... lately nikonsiao also.. follow your footsteps liao. So it's time I did too :D
aiyoh.. dun u know, it's not good to follow bad example. :bsmilie:
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#20
jOhO said:
aiyoh.. dun u know, it's not good to follow bad example. :bsmilie:
What to do... both are pros, I cannot don't follow, it takes 3 days to turn bad, but 30 years to turn good you know :bsmilie:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom