28mm closeup lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyman

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can get this lens? And how much would it cost? I believe they come in sets too?

erm sorry but your query's a little vague... what camera are u using? nikon/canon, digital or SLR eg? that would help to narrow down your questions...

Oh, sorry about that. I'm using Nikon 995.

Originally posted by wyman
Oh, sorry about that. I'm using Nikon 995.

just wondering why would a closeup lens be required for the Coolpix 995; the 995 can focus very close without any add on accessories...

Just set the 995 to the macro mode and try...

I'm aware that Nikon 995 is able to focus as close as 2cm when it comes to macro. I have already taken alot of nice shots with the camera, but I just want to get a good macro shot without getting too close to the object. That would explain why I want to buy the closeup lens. Anyway, the general closeup lens is not very expensive. The only thing here is, 28mm closeup lens is rare and more costly as compared to bigger ring size. It is however not impossible to find though. If I'm not wrong, Nikonos is using 28mm filter too.

if you can't find any 28mm close-up filter/lens, get a step-up ring which allows you more choices.

Anyway, what's the max zoom under macro mode?

Ya, that's quite true! I guess that slipped out of my mind :p Thanks for the reminder :)

I've asked CP. The smallest that they have is 49mm. That would actually block my flash. I wonder who brings in Tiffen lens, coz they have 37mm closeup lens.

The max zoom is 2cm?

Oops! Sorry! Didn't get it....around 4x zoom...

but from a distance of 2cm, the max zoom is about 2x if I'm not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.