28 weeks later or I am legend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob117

Oct 16, 2006
west

which is nicer to watch? why? :think:

Not so nice. Best movie of the year.... RATATOUILLE :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

28 Weeks Later... I felt asleep...

I Am Legend.... the book and trailer are much nicer to read & watch

ya i heard ratatouille is nice. cute mouse too :bsmilie:

hmmm.......why not download and "preview" it first before making a choice?:bsmilie:

i would say i'm legend, but the ending i find it abit abrupt to my liking, though it is not a major minus.

and worst movie, i think the seeker. and worst movie in my lifetime so far,......... starship trooper 2: hero of the federation. i tell you, they should pay you to suffer the torture from watching it.

which is nicer to watch? why? :think:

I have seen both and they are both good in their own way. 28 weeks later is only good if you saw the first one. I am legend has it's moments but I have to say the ending is not what I would have liked it to end. I don't want to say more without giving away too much lah. So go watch them both.

Watch out for one of the scene in I am Legend where he drive about town and you look at some of the over head movie or advertising banner...quite funny. There is one that might well be a hint of a possible team up of two super heroes? hehehehe... watch for it.

haha i already caught i am legend. but abit boring. no action. ending is abrupt........

haha batman n super man? baper man? :bsmilie:

i read 28weeks later on wiki. looks rather interesting and from the trailer.

I just watched I Am Legend without any idea of what the movie was all about, and I nearly thought I was watching another version of 28 Days Later. There was so many ways the plot could have develop but it just flashes by too fast. The only plus point was to see how they manage to create a deserted New York City.

haha i already caught i am legend. but abit boring. no action. ending is abrupt........

haha batman n super man? baper man? :bsmilie:

i read 28weeks later on wiki. looks rather interesting and from the trailer.

If you can get both copy of the movies and watch them back to back...you will really give your heart a good workout... Awesome movies. It is always refreshing when you watch a not made in USA type horror flick. It is just difference....somewhat raw.

You mean I am Legend is similar to 28 Weeks Later??? Are you serious?

It is always a problem trying to have a movie with only one or two main characters for its entirety, especially with this one, When Will Smith, many CG mutants and a handful of mannequins combine, while similar to World Trade Centre where two people act in some collapsed structure with lots of flashback, it is hard to sustain any interest without falling into a boring pace.

With the director's decision to make the mutants in CG rather than real humans in costume, it somehow reminds one of the plastic robots in I, Robot starring the same star. Computer generated just doesn't feel as good as a shock as having real characters pushing their physical limitations chasing after him.

The movie loses out to the novel in terms of plot and intensity. You will need to read the novel and watch the movie in order to realise the difference in depth and meaning. And the bitter aftertaste of the movie's ending, with its shallow meaning of the word, seems to distort the word "Legend" that was referred to in the novel. It's sad.

Maybe time to pick up and watch the earlier renditions like "The Omega Man"? Oldies can be goodies.

I am lengend is the most boring show i seen so far. For nearly the first hour, u see only a one man show with a dog and some animated creatures.

The movie loses out to the novel in terms of plot and intensity. You will need to read the novel and watch the movie in order to realise the difference in depth and meaning. And the bitter aftertaste of the movie's ending, with its shallow meaning of the word, seems to distort the word "Legend" that was referred to in the novel. It's sad.

this always happens when movies get adapted from books. happened to LOTR. to me the book (tolkien) told the story much better; in a way that it could not be captured in a screenplay. also happened to Narnia, Golden Compass, Eragon.

this always happens when movies get adapted from books. happened to LOTR. to me the book (tolkien) told the story much better; in a way that it could not be captured in a screenplay. also happened to Narnia, Golden Compass, Eragon.

Perhaps those that often/prefer to read novels have better imagination and critical thinking, and so when faced with a movie that is designed for the other 90% of the population, may feel it falls short in more ways than one?
The 90th percentile may complain that it's too long and draggy if the producers were to follow literary accuracy. But to get 90% of the potential earnings...

yes.. it is a very nice cartoon movie. :thumbsup:

Yeah. Liked the critic's monologue at the end.
Also, it changed my view (for awhile) from rats are disgusting to that of rats are huggable and make good pets.

Did anybody actually tried the dish 'ratatouille' after watching that show?

It must be understood that if anyone were to make Tolkien's material into a movie, in its complete entirety, the length of each feature would not even be fit to be classified as feature film length. As it is, each "book" when translated to screenplay, took up around 2h15min of screen time, and that's with certain content omissions.

I have to say Eragon was a flop though. Nothing like the book at all.

haha just watch 28weeks later last evening haha. i find it much better then i am legend. but towards the end it was getting boring.

and in the end, haha :bsmilie: infection spread to Paris?

28weeks later looks more realistic. not to mention the infected(real ppl not CGI)

IMO LOTR trilogy was great! watched it over many times. even extended version.

really great stuff! :thumbsup:

The 2 movies are quite similar, but I prefer I am legend because it has a bit of comedy and Will Smith is a good actor,

Status
Not open for further replies.