28-105mm nikon lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlin

Feb 17, 2006
hey, wanna know how u guys think of this lens fr street n general photography? in a dilemma between this or 70-210mm lens...

I presume you are talking about using digital ...

If 28mm, still OK for walk ard, but I feel the lense may not be wide enuf.

the 70-210 is a good lense but then again, the range may be too long for street/general shooting.

y don't you consider getting a 18-70 and a 70-210 ? I feel this two lenses combined has a more usable range. Either that or, if you don't mind spending a little more, get the 18-200 VR, a good and light travel lense. saves u the hassle of changing lenses too.

Just my 2 cents ...

danlin said:
hey, wanna know how u guys think of this lens fr street n general photography? in a dilemma between this or 70-210mm lens...

General and Street photography, best to use 18-200 where it gives you al the range you need.

danlin said:

a 70-210 is a pretty long range IMO for street. Sometimes you need wide,sometimes you need tele.

I have a friend who's got the 28-105, works pretty well, although he himself has the 18-70.

how about the new nikkor 18-135? wider and longer :thumbsup:
heard that it is pretty good except for bad distortion

I'm not sure whether you would like to use in Digital or Film camera.

If you will use it in film camera, this 28-105 has a good walk around lens + Macro (but not 1 to 1).
So it's very useful in street / travel photography.

Now if you use in the digital camera, 28-105 will become 42-157.5 , you will lost it's wideangle.
For digital cam you can use 18-70 as a walk around (minus Macro) lens.

Now if you compare 28-105 with 70-200,
You are comparing between street zoom (normal zoom) to a Medium Long zoom,
both can be use for street photography, depend on you style and what you need.

So it's come back to your photography style.

Just 2 cents :)

hey thnks guys for al yr valuable suggestions... guess i'll go for 70-210mm nikon lens

hey thnks guys for al yr valuable suggestions... guess i'll go for 70-210mm nikon lens

Umm, unless my interpretation of street photography is wrong, you may have misunderstood the advice given above. Eg. both stinky and metal are saying that the 70-210 is too long, and I agree ... wide angles are more useful for general walk-around photography.

Unless, of course, your street photography closely mirrors paparazzi-style ambush-from-behind-bush-across-the-street :bsmilie:

Seriously, even for general usage the 70-210 is too long.

I use the 28-105mm in conjunction with a 24mm. Both work well on film and digital for me.

It depends on your style, and the 28-105mm has a macro function, which makes it much more versatile than the rest of the medium zooms.

It depends on your style, and the 28-105mm has a macro function, which makes it much more versatile than the rest of the medium zooms.

I love the 28-105mm macro Nikon lens. The range is good, the macro function is excellent and the sharpness, particularly at f8 to f11 is second-to-none.

Buy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.