27 March (Sat) Black-Out in Little India Walkabout

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
This is not going to be a FUN photowalk..... in fact, it might turn out FRUSTRATING and PAINFUL

Purpose of photowalk.... learning to be more careful and selective about what/who you shoot.... an exercise in building your self-confidence

Put your name down ONLY if you are willing to do these things during the shoot:

1. Tape over your LCD during shoot (you or me bring the tape) AND
2. Use only a SINGLE 512mb or smaller sized memory card
3. NO reviews of images allowed until we reach end of shoot

(your cams must have optical viewfinders)

..... YOU CHEAT ONLY YOURSELF if you break any of the 3 above rules

This saturday afternoon from 2.30pm till 5pm Little India (outside Little India MRT station) ...end around Mustafa shopping center.

Looking at a small party of 6 like minded photogs

1. ed9119

No reserves waiting list

So think carefully before u put your name down..... NO LCD ... NO WB adjusting... NO Histogram.... NO HUGE memory card to shoot thousands of pics.... NO pic review....

Saturdays are meant to be enjoyable....

P/S Will do more of this in future if the idea/concept helps you as a photog.

Last edited:
Hi Ed. Nice meeting you on sunrise shoot.. was scared trying your 70-200L though haha might be poisoned...

Good challenge :) Question first.. Will be shooting raw? Or jpeg?

Newbie here but am up for it.. :) I want to learn more.. The way i shoot now using my cam is like PnS :(

RAW or JPEG up to you..... if you shoot RAW with a 256mb card...you are the REAL hero :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

put your name down if u can make the commitment to be there this Sat afternoon

Last edited:
RAW or JPEG up to you..... if you shoot RAW with a 256mb card...you are the REAL hero :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

put your name down if u can make the commitment to be there this Sat afternoon

Hahaha ayt Jpeg it is.. With regards to No WB balance adjusting.. meaning mo custom white balance? On Auto WB setting only? Sorry for more Question as am totally newb :(

anyhow am always on auto WB anyway. Adding my name...

1. ed9119
2. ice2big

Looking forward :D thanks appreciate it much sir :)

Last edited:
to all these 'micro' questions......... it means do anything you want ,...if you can ....without looking at that big LCD screen .....if your cam has extra short cut buttons .... so be it

sounds interesting... but i dun have a small size CF card? got spare to borrow me? ;p

sounds interesting... but i dun have a small size CF card? got spare to borrow me? ;p

i have a couple of 256mb and 512mb cf cards to lend u guys..... u need to bring along a thumbdrive to do file transfer after the shoot

This is not going to be a FUN photowalk..... in fact, it might turn out FRUSTRATING and PAINFUL

Purpose of photowalk.... learning to be more careful and selective about what/who you shoot.... an exercise in building your self-confidence

Put your name down ONLY if you are willing to do these things during the shoot:

1. Tape over your LCD during shoot (you or me bring the tape) AND
2. Use only a SINGLE 512mb or smaller sized memory card
3. NO reviews of images allowed until we reach end of shoot

(your cams must have optical viewfinders)

..... YOU CHEAT ONLY YOURSELF if you break any of the 3 above rules

This saturday afternoon from 2.30pm till 5pm Little India (outside Little India MRT station) ...end around Mustafa shopping center.

Looking at a small party of 6 like minded photogs

1. ed9119
2. ice2big
3. sinned79

No reserves waiting list

So think carefully before u put your name down..... NO LCD ... NO WB adjusting... NO Histogram.... NO HUGE memory card to shoot thousands of pics.... NO pic review....

Saturdays are meant to be enjoyable....

wahaha.. the introduction is very dramatic I like!! I wished I could join but my Saturdays are always used up for my other hobby.

Good luck guys!

Hi Ed, I am totally new to this..love it.
Mine is 20D and Please lend me lesser capacity CF card for that day only. I will bring my thumbdrive to transfer.. Thanks a lot.

1. ed9119
2. ice2big
3. sinned79
4. calogan

Really thrilling.. ;-)

sounds cool.
BUT the smallest CF i have is 2GB:dunno: how?

how i wish to join you guys :) but in the morning i going for the studio workshop :x ~
and afternoon wondering should i go? :p ~

Can film user join?? Lol

ha ha ha film users by default are already doing like this what!!

this is for those born into the DSLR poison......this is time for DETOX ..... u are already cured ha ha

withdrawal symptoms can be severe!!

BHwahahahahaha!!!!!!! I have 3 x 256mb CF cards and 4 x 512mb CF cards !!!!

Bring along your thumbdrives if you need to borrow and transfer after the shoot

ha ha ha film users by default are already doing like this what!!

this is for those born into the DSLR poison......this is time for DETOX ..... u are already cured ha ha

withdrawal symptoms can be severe!!

lol ok... guess this is not for me... have fun guys/gals... :)

Ed, I bring ONE frame can? Equivalent to 100MP. Can lend me card? :bsmilie:

It's a good exercise. I will try this one day when my kung fu level has improved. Sorry, cannot join afternoon and evening outings coz gf would have woken up already.

Only sunrise :bheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.