256 MB toshiba cf card for $79

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis

Jun 5, 2004
eunos
Hi I was just wondering if $79 for a 256MB CF card is reasonable? Do anyone of you know if I can get a better price for the memory card? Please advise. Thanks.

nemesis said:
Hi I was just wondering if $79 for a 256MB CF card is reasonable? Do anyone of you know if I can get a better price for the memory card? Please advise. Thanks.

selling for $65 here

daylight said:
how to buy from this shop ?
it does not seems to be a retail shop ??

the shop is an office lot at albert complex. just make an order and the person will call u back. anyway you are not required to give any credit card info or anything of the sort on the website.

whats the speed of this toshiba CF card :dunno:
Anyone bought or own one?

Hey Deep blue 2, thanks a million..i will check it out. Thanks!! =)

Hi Cast 123, I have a Toshiba 128MB cf card and felt it was ok so i decided to get 256mb instead. There are so many diff brands on the market and didnt really know which is good so found one which I was familiar with. Speed wise...hmm there isn't any mention of it anyway in the packaging though..but it's ok lar.

deepblue2 said:
selling for $65 here

Toshiba makes many CF cards for themselves and third parties. If your CF edge stamp is "THNCF1G02MA" then it has a very slow write speed compared to Ridata 256 52x (by more than 60%). However if the edge stamp serial is "THNCF512MCA" or "THNCF1GB02CA" then this card is faster than Ridata 52x by 10% and 80% compared to "THNCF1G02MA". I know some of the latest Kingston CF are using this.

Again, if you are using normal digicam, it doesn't really matter that much. But speed matters a lot with higher megapixel prosumer and DSLR.

nemesis said:
Hi Cast 123, I have a Toshiba 128MB cf card and felt it was ok so i decided to get 256mb instead. There are so many diff brands on the market and didnt really know which is good so found one which I was familiar with. Speed wise...hmm there isn't any mention of it anyway in the packaging though..but it's ok lar.

I see, Tks :)

Hi Shutterbug
You seemed really knowledgeable with CF cards..do you think Sandisk or Toshiba is better? Saw that Sandisk is selling for $12 more than Toshiba but I remembered my friend told me that Sandisk brand is not bad right? Please advise. Thanks.

shutterbug said:
Toshiba makes many CF cards for themselves and third parties. If your CF edge stamp is "THNCF1G02MA" then it has a very slow write speed compared to Ridata 256 52x (by more than 60%). However if the edge stamp serial is "THNCF512MCA" or "THNCF1GB02CA" then this card is faster than Ridata 52x by 10% and 80% compared to "THNCF1G02MA". I know some of the latest Kingston CF are using this.

Again, if you are using normal digicam, it doesn't really matter that much. But speed matters a lot with higher megapixel prosumer and DSLR.

daylight said:
how to buy from this shop ?
it does not seems to be a retail shop ??

Yes, it's an office but they keep all their stocks there. You can go down to their office to make the purchase but before you go down call them to check if they have the product you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.