24th Sep : JB Day Trip - Jalan/Makan/Shot Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelLee

May 19, 2003
JB, SG
From the overwhelming response from this outing http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/946609-Day-trip-to-Pontian-Johor-Memories-of-a-Bygone-Era-(October-22) I could see that there are certain level of interest to do a day trip in JB. Myself (JB based) would like to kick off the 1st attempt to organise 1 day trip for CS members to come over for visit.

When:
Sep 24, 2011 (Saturday).

Meet up point :
8am Larkin Bus station if you are coming from Causeway
830am Bukit Indah CW3 bus station if u are coming from Tuas

Where:
Mainly JB area

What to bring:
Passport, Malaysian Ringgit (change before actual day)
CEPAS card for taking Singapore buses

Cost :
Share Cost basic but I would say minimum RM30 to also buy lunch and dinner

--------- Stop at 6 ----------

If you are JB based CS members and keen to help out on that day, you may put your name down and PM me your contact

Here is the tentative itinerary

8am ~ 830am : Gather at Meetup point
845am : Ice breaking session with authentic Penang prawn mee and choy kow tuey
http://j-travel.blogspot.com/2008/07/little-penang-at-taman-perling-johor.html

930am : Visit wet market
[
P7176645.JPG

P7176668.JPG

11am : Drive to Kulai lotus pond
SDIM0016.jpg

SDIM0040.jpg

1am ~ 2pm : Lunch in JB town

2pm ~ 5pm : Jalan Tan Hiok Nee and along Wong Ah Fook.
Lots of street shot and visit a few famous old shophouse and traditional roti making home industry
oldtonw.jpg

Late noon : If we have time, we can visit a few old buildings at Istana Area

For those who want to go back SG by late noon, no issue. If you want to stay for dinner or going back by CW3 via Tuas, we would take u there.

When:
Sep 24, 2011 (Saturday).

Meet up point :
8am Larkin Bus station if you are coming from Causeway
830am Bukit Indah CW3 bus station if u are coming from Tuas

Where:
Mainly JB area

What to bring:
Passport, Malaysian Ringgit (change before actual day)
CEPAS card for taking Singapore buses

Cost :
Share Cost basic but I would say minimum RM30 to also buy lunch and dinner

1. valance75 (no transport) (Larkin)

If you are JB based CS members and keen to help out on that day, you may put your name down and PM me your contact

2. moodyvamp (no transport) (Larkin)

sorry guys, giving this a miss cos not particularly keen in the Kulai lotus pond part :p not so much of a flower person haha.

sorry guys, giving this a miss cos not particularly keen in the Kulai lotus pond part :p not so much of a flower person haha.

No issue.

It is more a tentative itinerary , I have no idea what the group are interested at. So to put up a rojak combination of everything. depend on the group interest, can be discussed ice breaking - breakfast session. the itinerary could be changed on that day. if it rains, we would not stay outdoor.

Last edited:
No issue.

It is more a tentative itinerary , I have no idea what the group are interested at. So to put up a rojak combination of everything. depend on the group interest and discussion, can be discussed ice breaking session. the itinerary could be changed on that day. if it rains, we would not stay outdoor.

icic...

note that the title of the thread ? This is how I prioritize the main focus of the activity ;

Jalan - day trip out from SG, with local resident as host. To introduce you guys around JB . So the next time you might want to come back on your own + friends

Makan - tired about franchise food ? will take u to various local/hawker food ;p

Photography - Not that it is not important, but it comes last:)

I also think Kulai is abit far. Might waste over two hours there and back if jam. Many local parks nearby.

Very good of you to arrange trip for everyone. Thanks wong_se.

I also think Kulai is abit far. Might waste over two hours there and back if jam. Many local parks nearby.

Very good of you to arrange trip for everyone. Thanks wong_se.

FYI, kulai is approx than 20mins drive from JB.

There are some parks nearby, Hutan Bandar and Taman Merdeka etc. Personally I been there many times liao.
Not sure you guys like it. feel free to drop in your interest and suggest the itinerary.

sounds good. how i wish i could join you guys... but still not in town on this particular date. :(

note that the title of the thread ? This is how I prioritize the main focus of the activity ;

Jalan - day trip out from SG, with local resident as host. To introduce you guys around JB . So the next time you might want to come back on your own + friends

Makan - tired about franchise food ? will take u to various local/hawker food ;p

Photography - Not that it is not important, but it comes last:)

Me too, how i wish i can join but too bad.... cos that week is Spore F1 night race time. Join you guy next time ba.... enjoy...

Me too, how i wish i can join but too bad....

no worries. if the response is good and successful, we would go on to host more event like this. May be once every month.

Hey Wong_se, i m in! I can fetch ppl coming in too! My car seats 5. We can go nusajaya if ur interested too. We ll c how s the response.

Makan part shud b interesting.

FYI, kulai is approx than 20mins drive from JB.

There are some parks nearby, Hutan Bandar and Taman Merdeka etc. Personally I been there many times liao.
Not sure you guys like it. feel free to drop in your interest and suggest the itinerary.

Kulai may be 20mins from Skudai JB but if everyone was at Larkin bus station meeting point, it will need a Lewis Hamilton or Jenson Button as our drivers to get there in 20mins, but I think on that day they will be too busy rushing around Singapore.

On a Saturday there is a pasar tani at Larkin stadium. Pity only the durian season might have ended by late September.

Kulai may be 20mins from Skudai JB but if everyone was at Larkin bus station meeting point, it will need a Lewis Hamilton or Jenson Button as our drivers to get there in 20mins, but I think on that day they will be too busy rushing around Singapore.

every driver in JB is as good as Lewis Hamilton, even we are just driving a Proton car

Hey Wong_se, i m in! I can fetch ppl coming in too! My car seats 5. We can go nusajaya if ur interested too. We ll c how s the response.

Makan part shud b interesting.

good that we have one JB volunteer here. actually i am more interested about the makan part. haha...
itinerary, play it by ears. nothing firm. depend on the interest and we could always decide as and when.

3. sinned79 (no transport) (Larkin)

every driver in JB is as good as Lewis Hamilton, even we are just driving a Proton car

No wonder Malaysians like to cut up and bump into fellow Malaysians. like Lewis cut and bump Jenson.

Nice makan at Sri Pelangi or Sri Tebrau hawker centre.

3. sinned79 (no transport) (Larkin)
4. Van Faniel (no transport) (Larkin)

Status
Not open for further replies.