24 seven HeartlanD Beats Photography Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
we will sure see a lot of cameras popping out around our HDBs.....

*will be 1 of them*

Prizes sure looks nice, but the regulations are, as usual, quite unfair to the participants.....

Seriously for 3k and $1.8k worth as top prize, they can have that print so long as they given credit when necessary.

When was the last time that single one photo of yours got sold for 4.8k?

Prizes sure looks nice, but the regulations are, as usual, quite unfair to the participants.....
I'm not sure I understand why it is unfair to the participants. The regulations state "non-exclusive perpetual license". That is quite a standard option in commercial photography. It is similiar to buying a stock photo. It does not stop you selling your image to other agencies/ stock. The only question to ask yourself is whether your prize is sufficient compensation for this license. I agree with sprewell that the prizes seem reasonable enough for this purpose.

I've always thought that people find these rules rather harsh because it does not apply to only the winning photos, but rather they have the rights to use ALL photos that are entered for these competitions?

Most times its.
eg:
# agrees that ... may, at any time whether during or after the competition, reproduce, distribute or publish their photo image(s) submitted for the competition whether for promotional or any purpose whatsoever in either electronic or print format and whether online or in any media including but not limited to exhibitions, galleries of any description or any publication, without payment or compensation to the participants.

# shall grant to ... a non-exclusive, sub-licensable and perpetual licence to use, reproduce or modify in any way which ... deems fit all the images submitted in the competition, without ... having to pay any royalty, fee or charge whatsoever therefore.

Last edited:
sorry, a little noob in submitting photos for competition. i got some question to ask.

how do we submit the photos?
is it by post or walk in to the address?

is the Registration form are to be save inside the disk?

sorry, a little noob in submitting photos for competition. i got some question to ask.

how do we submit the photos?
is it by post or walk in to the address?

is the Registration form are to be save inside the disk?

did u read the rules and regulations?
You can post or walk to the address.
print the registration form.

Youth catagory FTW!

very sad... only for Citizen and PR... :cry:

You can always ask a good friend (as in very good friend) to send in your entries for you ;)

Maybe treat him/her to dinner or something if u win.

I'm curious, rule 3 states:

Composite photographs, multiple exposures, and images manipulated electronically that distort the reality of the image or otherwise will be disqualified. Adjustments of contrast, saturation or levels are acceptable.

But what is the limit? Does anyone know?

So long as it remains like a photo, it should be fine.

MAN I WANT D90!!! dammit i going to join...i will do what ever to win =D i need a DAM FREAKING DSLR to use... later my P&S camera pictures i taken wins:D

hi all,
sorry, dont really quite understand the terms used in the t&cs.
esp the multiple exposure part.
just wondering if i could submit photos taken from film?

hi all,
sorry, dont really quite understand the terms used in the t&cs.
esp the multiple exposure part.
just wondering if i could submit photos taken from film?

Yes, photos taken in film are fine and can be entered into the competition. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.