24" iMac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hw come so cheap?

simon80 said:
hw come so cheap?

And you are complaining about that? ;p :D I wish it were even cheaper. hehehehe.
Seeing they have upgraded the iMac line now, I hope Macbook and Macbook Pro processors will be updated soon.

Paul_Yeo said:
sorry, i maybe a bit wols, i just saw it tonight :embrass:

http://www.apple.com/imac/

(i am getting new comp this Dec....so haven't decided yet....)

BBB

upgrade to
- 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 3GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 1x2GB, 1x1GB
- 500GB Serial ATA Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
- Apple Wireless Keyboard & wireless Mighty Mouse + Mac OS X (US English)
- AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac - Auto-enroll
($3,553.00)

BBB MTL!!

Errz said:
BBB

upgrade to
- 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 3GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 1x2GB, 1x1GB
- 500GB Serial ATA Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
- Apple Wireless Keyboard & wireless Mighty Mouse + Mac OS X (US English)
- AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac - Auto-enroll
($3,553.00)

BBB MTL!!

Yo, dude! That price is in USD! You were looking at the US site. Check out the SG site. I did a similar config a few days ago and it costs a fortune. :sweat:

I'll get this when the new OS rolls out next year...

So b4 I BBB, gotta SAVE SAVE SAVE first... Good times are coming :bsmilie:

I am getting 1 comp to replace my old comp. I am pondering betw the 24" iMac or the Mac Pro. I like the white color and cool design of iMac but I like the spec of Mac Pro...

Leopard or not dun really matter to me.... i am just waiting for Dec bonus for $$$ to BBB... now SSS till Dec :angel:

singscott said:
Yes wait for new OS leopard. Quite impressive. Program like time machine is simply amazing:bigeyes:

dun really understand the Time Machine, it is just roll back only right? or there's more than meet the eyes? :embrass:

Paul_Yeo said:
dun really understand the Time Machine, it is just roll back only right? or there's more than meet the eyes? :embrass:

It's only a backup program - but with a typical Apple 'cool' GUI attached. I've got the 10.5 developer preview, in my eyes there is nothing really special about it.
Every now and then, it snap-shots your disk and stores the history somewhere - preferably on another disk drive, then has this silly 'time machine' GUI for rolling back through the history to select what you want. Really the only special thing is the GUI - which hopefully will allow novices to do backups properly.
I'm rather worried that my large mac user base at work will discover it and put the backup history on their network drive and use timemachine as a backup method instead of working off the remote server volumes. I'll have a server full of time machine image files instead of usable data files. (But it's probably better than a server full of 'Macintosh HD' folders :), as I think Timemachine is smart about how it stores the differences between backups.

I wonder if you can read the snapshots back on a DIFFERENT mac from the one that created them ?

The only thing of use to me is virtual screens (spaces), something my Linux workstation has had for years as standard. (And there were 3rd party addons for MacOSX that added the feature anyway).

The rest is just bug fixes and normal product enhancements.

An ohh, the developer preview is slow. But then they usually are - it's still full of debugging and diagnostic code and hasn't been optimised yet.

for students got about 10% edicational discount... and about that time machine thing i think windows implemented that in XP already =p

Paul_Yeo said:
I am getting 1 comp to replace my old comp. I am pondering betw the 24" iMac or the Mac Pro. I like the white color and cool design of iMac but I like the spec of Mac Pro...

Leopard or not dun really matter to me.... i am just waiting for Dec bonus for $$$ to BBB... now SSS till Dec :angel:
BBB Mac Pro, with 4 AGP cards, max out totally to 8 30" ACDs and 16GB ECC RAM!!!!!

Mac Pro, Paul Pro, sounds good!! :thumbsup:

simon80 said:
hw come so cheap?
Cheap u ask.
Expensive u oso ask.

So, what price muz it be to stop ppl frm asking, "hw come so cheap?"

FOC can? ::think:

iMac comes with the LCD screen while Mac Pro does not.

raptor84 said:
for students got about 10% edicational discount... and about that time machine thing i think windows implemented that in XP already =p

The company I am working with also got corporate discount :angel:

That's why me getting an Apple to replace my PC...

i no need 16GB RAM or so many monitors lah. :embrass: jz 2 GB enough liao. hee .

Paul_Yeo said:
The company I am working with also got corporate discount :angel:

That's why me getting an Apple to replace my PC...

i no need 16GB RAM or so many monitors lah. :embrass: jz 2 GB enough liao. hee .
Somebody also one said, 640K of ram is enough for anybody.

If you get the Mac Pro, make it go, imagine having 20 D2X files on each ACD opened and running doing your editing!! Your wedding shots can finish processing in one day thanks to 16GB of RAM on a Mac Pro with 8 30" ACDs!

_espn_ said:
Somebody also one said, 640K of ram is enough for anybody.

If you get the Mac Pro, make it go, imagine having 20 D2X files on each ACD opened and running doing your editing!! Your wedding shots can finish processing in one day thanks to 16GB of RAM on a Mac Pro with 8 30" ACDs!
:sweat: very good imagination. :thumbsup:

Cheesecake said:
:sweat: very good imagination. :thumbsup:
Heehee... sorry can't help it... the ACDs are very alluring... esp the 30" one... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.