24 hours clinic

ahboy168

Mar 30, 2009
East
Can share the clinic location, especially PD.
So scary when our closed one are sick and running high fever at late night ...
Don't ever suggest A&E, I have very bad experience ... U don't want to pay and wait there for more than 2 hours. No joke.

Your request may make more sense if you give your / your sick closed one's home location. Otherwise if you stay at Pasir Ris and the suggested clinic is at Jurong West, it is of little use. You can Google it too.

Thrs one near the old geylang united FC building at bedok xD

Wouldn't it be faster to google it than to ask in clubsnap? Takes less than 5 seconds..

Ok, thanks anyway. But so far my googling still cannot find 24hour PD. Pay more but once and for all.
Look like 7-11 is a good start ... for gp alternative.

Don't ever suggest A&E, I have very bad experience ... U don't want to pay and wait there for more than 2 hours. No joke.
While I can understand your anxiety. IIRC from personal experience if the fever is not more than ~ 41 °C, it is not considered an immediate medical emergency and the patient will be prioritise on a lower triage scale after being evaluated which means obviously patients with cardiac arrest, circulatory shock etc. etc. will be admitted first followed by those with acute respiratory distress, fractured bones etc. etc.

Also if you are heading to a trauma centre such as SGH or NUH, be prepare to wait and wait if you are not dying any time soon as compared to a less equipped one such as AH.

Just to add: Was once sent in for heat stroke and was admitted immediately.

Last edited:
Once my father said he is very sick, you know when old man say he is very sick, u will panic as a son.
Rush down PIE at xxx km/h late night and fetch him directly to raffles hospital.
Cool, immediate attention with zero wait time.
Surprisingly, it was only 100+. GP doctor give very strong flu medicine causing unnecessary "bokeh" effect.
Feel more confident with the doctors there.
My lesson learnt is "Pay more and get it solve quick".
By seeing more doctors means eventually paying more $ and suffer unnecessary.

A&E doctors will assess it on the spot to determine how serious your case is.

bro GiantCanopy can advise better on this issue.

but from what i know from A&E, from 2 near-death experiences and one or two other not-so-serious issues.. here it is:

1) if you sprained your ankle at night, doctors won't see to you immediately. even a fever is considered nothing unless there's some other symptoms like diarrhoea or vomiting

2) i had a bad case of alcohol poisoning once after consuming more than 20 types of alcohol poisoning in 4 hours. doctor told my parents my heart almost stopped beating and i was immediately rushed in unconscious. those that just had a little cut or bad cough will have to wait.

3) i had a serious asthma attack whereby for 3 days i couldn't walk more than 10 steps without feeling breathless. finally my parents dragged me down to the A&E at TTSH and when i saw an old man who was queuing up for some arm injury, i questioned the doctor and nurse why couldn't they let him go first. and the doctor said this to me:

"your case is much more serious. if we don't attend to you straight away, you might just collapse. don't worry, we know who needs attention first"

now. a fever is just a fever. all of us tend to over-worry when our loved ones fall sick. but the question is, how sick is that person that you require urgent medical attention, that you would try to get them to the doctor first and bypass everyone else?

it's all right to be worried, but sometimes you need to ask yourself if you're just being overly worried.

A&E doctors will assess it on the spot to determine how serious your case is.

bro GiantCanopy can advise better on this issue.

but from what i know from A&E, from 2 near-death experiences and one or two other not-so-serious issues.. here it is:

1) if you sprained your ankle at night, doctors won't see to you immediately. even a fever is considered nothing unless there's some other symptoms like diarrhoea or vomiting

2) i had a bad case of alcohol poisoning once after consuming more than 20 types of alcohol poisoning in 4 hours. doctor told my parents my heart almost stopped beating and i was immediately rushed in unconscious. those that just had a little cut or bad cough will have to wait.

3) i had a serious asthma attack whereby for 3 days i couldn't walk more than 10 steps without feeling breathless. finally my parents dragged me down to the A&E at TTSH and when i saw an old man who was queuing up for some arm injury, i questioned the doctor and nurse why couldn't they let him go first. and the doctor said this to me:

"your case is much more serious. if we don't attend to you straight away, you might just collapse. don't worry, we know who needs attention first"

now. a fever is just a fever. all of us tend to over-worry when our loved ones fall sick. but the question is, how sick is that person that you require urgent medical attention, that you would try to get them to the doctor first and bypass everyone else?

it's all right to be worried, but sometimes you need to ask yourself if you're just being overly worried.
Now imagine what doctors at a Mass Casualty Event (MSE) have to go through, having to intentionally tag someone with a "black tape" even before they are dead and officially declare them as hopeless.

Now imagine what doctors at a Mass Casualty Event (MSE) have to go through, having to intentionally tag someone with a "black tape" even before they are dead and officially declare them as hopeless.

that's the entire opposite bro.

but it does bring out the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario for doctors

ahboy168 said:
Can share the clinic location, especially PD.
So scary when our closed one are sick and running high fever at late night ...

Where r u staying in the first place?

Thanks all for the kindness. My son is ok now. But just that I need to standby 24hours options when needed.
I found out there actually a few in my area which I never notice ...

Just to share that I feel that our A&E is really un-staffed.
There are many rooms and nurses, but just one or two doctors on duty?
Worst, they make you pay through the admin process first (pay $ first) before you queue to even see the nurse.
It is like "pay money first before we talk". Or they scare we run away without paying ?
Not sure how other country A&E practise the same like Singapore ?

Worst, they make you pay through the admin process first (pay $ first) before you queue to even see the nurse.
It is like "pay money first before we talk". Or they scare we run away without paying ?
[video=youtube;FOCpOZ4txvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOCpOZ4txvs[/video]
YouTube Video ID No. FOCPOZ4TXVS

In some places. No health insurance = no treatment.

Last edited:
money - power !
In most cases.

Heard that USA is like that. If you don't have medical insurance and have no money, they refuse to treat you.

Feedback to local health minister. Suggest CCTV at A&E counter of all hospitals connected direct to CNA or CNN. So public can see what it is like.

Last edited:
Heard that USA is like that. If you don't have medical insurance and have no money, they refuse to treat you.
They are required by federal law to resuscitate and stabilise any patient brought in due to a medical emergency.

But that is as far as their obligations goes.

Feedback to local health minister. Suggest CCTV at A&E counter of all hospitals connected direct to CNA or CNN. So public can see what it is like.
Most hospitals and polyclinics here have live images of their waiting queue what.

Last edited:

Hi dear ahboy168 I am glad ur son is doing fine now.

While my opinions expressed certainly do not represent the views of A/E / healthcare in general, and I am not trying to sway or change opinions of anyone, but I might be able to share a thing or two regarding your concerns. I have worked briefly in a busy A/E briefly and even as a patient previously and I am pretty certain the public hospitals do not staff their A/E departments with only one or two doctors on duty :) We had a daily roster of a number of physicians including senior doctors who helms the department on every shift, even on public holidays.

It is no secret that waiting times can be lengthy and as a part of shortening the overall duration spent in the A/E, the payment may be forwarded. But having said that , not at any time have I seen a patient being refused treatment by A/E on grounds of financial issues. I know of patients who from repeated visits owned fees accumulating easily more than the price of a spanking new D800E, but are still managed with care that all is entitled to.

Ryan

Last edited: