24 f2 kiron or vivitar or any others

otc

Feb 8, 2006
www.flickr.com
Just want to find out if any one has 24 f2 to loan me a week to use. For stacking purposes.;)

Just a week. I do have 28 f2.8. A or FA is OK. am trying to find a cheap alternative too, or low cost.

otc

If its possible felix. I know its quite a beautiful piece of art

Just a loan for a week or so, ;) needing a bigger aperture or f1.8. am heading for extreme macro.;)

Kam sia and fa 24 f2 as I know is a gems of a lens. Not sure how come its still around.

ofcourse for my work, I only need reverse ring for my macro. So auto focus is of no use to me,

otherwise will PM you.;)

otc

If its possible felix. I know its quite a beautiful piece of art

Just a loan for a week or so, ;) needing a bigger aperture or f1.8. am heading for extreme macro.;)

Kam sia and fa 24 f2 as I know is a gems of a lens. Not sure how come its still around.

ofcourse for my work, I only need reverse ring for my macro. So auto focus is of no use to me,

otherwise will PM you.;)

otc

Marcus, I think I lend you my Kiron 28/2, might be better.

Let me know.

FA*24 is very large a filter ring, very large and heavy to be on the reverse end and a heavy responsibility to be used reversed with rear element exposed.

Imho, 28mm focal length is good for reverse macro if am not wrong....enjoy bro...

Marcus, I think I lend you my Kiron 28/2, might be better.

Let me know.

FA*24 is very large a filter ring, very large and heavy to be on the reverse end and a heavy responsibility to be used reversed with rear element exposed.

tks JK. I tried with 28 f2.8 and its still small magnification. so try 24 f2;) I have the step up ring, full set metal ones, shuld be ok and firm. try first and report back here.

otc

Imho, 28mm focal length is good for reverse macro if am not wrong....enjoy bro...

Yes Joe, its extension tube with macro and reverse ring, so wider the lens greater the magnification. oredi tried 28 f2.8 but if need 28 would have to loan 28 f2 from JK;)

otc

tks JK. I tried with 28 f2.8 and its still small magnification. so try 24 f2;) I have the step up ring, full set metal ones, shuld be ok and firm. try first and report back here.

otc

IIRC, its in relation to the main lens.
I got quite a good magnification the last time I tried with 28mm and 135mm.

IIRC, its in relation to the main lens.
I got quite a good magnification the last time I tried with 28mm and 135mm.

Yes you are right. I am using 120 against 28. Now 120 against 24 that will gives a little more and with f2, wider aperture. Am exploring only.;)

otc

@_@....?dvery macro....hv to make full use of mine liao....

Joe, enjoy enjoy the very macro;)

just gotten the lens from yamakasi and its fa 24 f2.

thanks felix for the offer too and ofcourse yamakasi, met him just not too long ago at Labrador creek.

It will be tubes with A120 f4 and reverse ring fa 24 f2. surprising the filter ring is the same as 645 A35 f3.5.

Hopefully tomoro will do some trying and report back to this tread if anyone is keen. Will be housefly or bees.;) Found some dead bees beneath the trees and have it store up:)

Hopefuly the images are nice and fit for viewing.:bsmilie:

otc

Joe, enjoy enjoy the very macro;)

just gotten the lens from yamakasi and its fa 24 f2.

thanks felix for the offer too and ofcourse yamakasi, met him just not too long ago at Labrador creek.

It will be tubes with A120 f4 and reverse ring fa 24 f2. surprising the filter ring is the same as 645 A35 f3.5.

Hopefully tomoro will do some trying and report back to this tread if anyone is keen. Will be housefly or bees.;) Found sdead bees beneath the trees and have it store up:)

Hopefuly the images are nice and fit for viewing.:bsmilie:

otc

Waiting for your results marcus... ;)

untitled--52 by young hing, on Flickr

645 Z with full set extention tube, A120 macro with reverse ring fa 24 f2 flash light.

some correction here, the A35 f3.5 filter diameter is larger than fa 24 f2.

Probably I will be using the smc takumar 50 f1.4 for the large aperture. The 24 f2 does produce slightly larger image or magnification than 28 lens.

otc

645 Z with full set extention tube, A120 macro with reverse ring fa 24 f2 flash light.

some correction here, the A35 f3.5 filter diameter is larger than fa 24 f2.

Probably I will be using the smc takumar 50 f1.4 for the large aperture. The 24 f2 does produce slightly larger image or magnification than 28 lens.

otc

Marcus,
Thanks for sharing your pictures and findings here. :)

Marcus,
Thanks for sharing your pictures and findings here. :)

tks JK,

getting a 24mm give gives a slight edge of magnification over 28 mm.

Now I took this with 67 100 f4 macro adapter and 1 full set extension tubes and have it cropped. about 70 % off I think.

2015-06-08_15-18-23 M=C - Copy-002 by young hing, on Flickr

with flash light.

some how I like the property of the lens compare to A120 f4 macro. The 67 100 f4 produces contrasty images, not requiring PP, and pleasing to look out of JPeg.

I prefer this lens to A120 f4.;)

to Jaiyen, if got opportunity, can just pick this lens as its a beautiful and great optics. I remember seeing one for sale here maybe a year ago but I gotten mine years back from pentaxforums.

Ok, yamakasi, I will be contacting you to return the lens 24 f2. Kam sia.

otc

tks JK,

getting a 24mm give gives a slight edge of magnification over 28 mm.

Now I took this with 67 100 f4 macro adapter and 1 full set extension tubes and have it cropped. about 70 % off I think.

https://flic.kr/p/uhB8gu2015-06-08_15-18-23 M=C - Copy-002 by young hing, on Flickr

with flash light.

some how I like the property of the lens compare to A120 f4 macro. The 67 100 f4 produces contrasty images, not requiring PP, and pleasing to look out of JPeg.

I prefer this lens to A120 f4.;)

to Jaiyen, if got opportunity, can just pick this lens as its a beautiful and great optics. I remember seeing one for sale here maybe a year ago but I gotten mine years back from pentaxforums.

Ok, yamakasi, I will be contacting you to return the lens 24 f2. Kam sia.

otc

This is a gems sia... Nice